09-23-2014, 07:46 AM
User Info
I've been playing around with some ATG shaves. First one with a new blade went great. Second time was with a twice used blade. It tore my face up.

Recently I received some USB, so I thought I'd give it a try. I put it on after that shave yesterday morning. I still had some discomfort before bed last night. It was way better than the morning though. I put it on again, this time a little thicker. This morning, my neck and face feel wonderful and no red razor burn anywhere!

This stuff is awesome. The smell takes a little getting used to. Not bad, just kind of smells like smoked nuts. It feels wonderful on the skin though. This stuff will definitely have a place in my cabinet from now on! A BIG thanks to everyone who keeps pushing it. I'm glad I finally caved to the peer pressure Biggrin

21 555
 09-23-2014, 08:07 AM
User Info
Love the stuff. I apply it every evening. (I don't like to apply it right after shaving, it seems to clog the pores)

39 3,873
 09-23-2014, 09:09 AM
User Info
Agreed, I use USB if my skin is dry, does wonders!

I picked some up in the lavender scent from Mystic Water, very nice!

52 1,175
 09-23-2014, 09:12 AM
User Info
Celestino is who I know that promotes it and always uses it. Shea butter itself, it good for the skin. I am going to look into USB soon though, as I found Celestino's post about how he does his prep and the way it's described, makes me believe that that same regimen should work for me.

1 1,975
 09-23-2014, 03:34 PM
User Info
(09-23-2014, 09:12 AM)C-NoEviL Wrote: Celestino is who I know that promotes it and always uses it. Shea butter itself, it good for the skin. I am going to look into USB soon though, as I found Celestino's post about how he does his prep and the way it's described, makes me believe that that same regimen should work for me.
He is a pretty sharp cookie my friend ! He has never steered me wrong.

6 1,224
 09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
User Info
Love the shea butter, particularly in the drier winter months.

Here's the original 18 page Unrefined Shea Butter thread where Celestino introduces this wonderful balm.

http://shavenook.com/thread-unrefined-or...hea-butter

3 459
 09-24-2014, 12:36 PM
User Info
Hi, Brian! Great to hear you are enjoying the shea butter.
It is a fantastic skin conditioner and you can use it on any part of your both to keep your skin smooth and youthful.
In a few years, you might start looking much younger than you should. Biggrin

82 21,056
 09-27-2014, 05:39 AM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
I decided to try USB mainly because Celestino has never ceased to recommend it. Just be sure it is indeed 100% organic and unrefined. An unscrupulous vendor sold me a tub that she claimed to be USB, 100% pure but it turned out to have been cut with an oil. It did not absorb as well although it was easier to liquefy. Scent did not smell like the genuine article and not only did it dry my skin after a few hours, it gave me irritation.

The real deal though is nothing less than amazing!

2 286
 10-03-2014, 02:05 PM
  • NunoFC
  • Toronto, Canada
User Info
Some great info here, thanks gents

5 117
 10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
User Info
Saw a street vendor today selling shea butter today in front of the Whole Foods at Union Square in Manhattan. The table is there every day, the folks said. The product comes from Ghana. They offer it straight and mixed with palm oil if your skin is extra dry. It's $5 for a small tub (looks to be 8 oz. or so). They were also displaying it in the big shea nutshells!

8 896