10-17-2014, 04:21 AM
User Info
(10-16-2014, 08:17 PM)greyhawk Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 01:28 PM)Teddyboy Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 03:09 PM)kav Wrote: Why respond at all? If somebody has an unrealistic price it is hardly going to sell. Nobody is OBLIGATED to sell OR buy at a set price by either.
This isn't the day after a major earthquake with people selling water and flashlights out of their car boots.Huh

Excellent point.

The reason to respond is because the board is (at least partially) self-policing. What we accept, we encourage. There should be peer pressure to behave and follow established standards.

Example: many of us grouse about someone inappropriately talking on their cell phone in public, holding up the line in a store, yet rarely do I see anyone say anything about it. If people are confronted about their bad behavior, they will begin to think twice about doing it. Same thing here--if people are called out for price-gouging, they'll realize it is not tolerated and they will hopefully cease the behavior.

The other reason is to help protect newbies who may not know better and not know the price is too high. Part of the community is to help each other.

Amen

11 1,236
 11-07-2014, 10:47 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(10-17-2014, 04:21 AM)CyanideMetal Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 08:17 PM)greyhawk Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 01:28 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: Excellent point.

The reason to respond is because the board is (at least partially) self-policing. What we accept, we encourage. There should be peer pressure to behave and follow established standards.

Example: many of us grouse about someone inappropriately talking on their cell phone in public, holding up the line in a store, yet rarely do I see anyone say anything about it. If people are confronted about their bad behavior, they will begin to think twice about doing it. Same thing here--if people are called out for price-gouging, they'll realize it is not tolerated and they will hopefully cease the behavior.

The other reason is to help protect newbies who may not know better and not know the price is too high. Part of the community is to help each other.

Amen

Glad to see this thread still lives...

I'm all for self-policing, I mean we are our Brother's keepers, are we not? Yes. But I would hope that if my prices were out of whack someone would respectfully tell me about it instead of posting some flame mail meant to denigrate and berate me as a person. Sometimes we forget that not ALL member are 1. Internet savvy, 2. Young as you or I, or 3. Price Conscious. I met a lovely gent from another Board who was listing his ware at 1976 prices because he just could not remember what he had paid for them and didn't want to gouge...of course no one made any comments on his post, which was all sold in no time flat! BUT, we should still remember that the guy on the other side of this internet is mostly a regular Joe, just like you and me - for the most part...

There is always the exception to the rules - people who buy low and try to sell high on the BST - I've seen my fair share of eBay items appear on the various BST's around, but far and away I think the sellers on OUR BST are not out to make a buck, just trying to recoup for another purchase. My $.02

Cheers all!

87 1,682
 11-08-2014, 11:04 AM
User Info
I wholeheartedly agree with matt. love the feel of this forum

80 1,448
 02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
User Info
I love muzzles resposnsible

4 158