09-29-2014, 05:44 PM
User Info
I'm looking into purchasing a 3 band Super Bager Rooney Heritage Emillion 1 but cannot find any reviews.

Can anyone make a recommendation or evaluation on the quality of brushes Rooney is currently producing vs a Simpson Emperor 1 in Super Badger?

0 3
 09-30-2014, 08:58 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I have an Emillion1 and an Emperor2. I like them both, but when push comes to shove I prefer the Emillion1 to the Emperor2 in terms of performance. Both have nice soft tips, but I prefer the less dense feel of the Emillion. Also, the Emillion seems to release lather more readily than the Emperor. I would, however, never give up my Emperor. You should be aware that I face lather exclusively and use creams predominantly. In terms of quality they are the best of the best, with nothing to choose between them. Aesthetically, in my eyes, they are equals and unbeatable. You mentioned the Emperor1, but it is substantially smaller than the Emillion1; the Emperor2, however, is closer in size. Bottom line, they are both great brushes with very little difference between the two when it comes to performance.

5 885