10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
User Info
just got a very nice spaulded wood cartridge razor from att to add some class to my den. beautiful piece (Head Shavers need back up)

73 1,260
 10-02-2014, 12:40 PM
User Info
No pics, Dave? Smile

82 21,056
 10-02-2014, 06:49 PM
User Info
(10-02-2014, 12:01 PM)daveinsweethome Wrote: just got a very nice spaulded wood cartridge razor from att to add some class to my den. beautiful piece (Head Shavers need back up)
one elite handle on each side of the cartridge. lets see if it uploads well I selected it on imgur it is spinning like all get out but not uploading to this site. well darn it.

73 1,260
 10-02-2014, 08:11 PM
User Info
So... cartridges are back-up for head-shavers? I just got a cartridge in large part because I thought it might be easier for a newb head-shaver than using a DE or SE (or straight...)

Tell me everything about whether carts are the way to go, or ... just back up for hurrying.

The ATT handles with the walnut burl and the birdseye maple both look really good. Is it one of those?

7 315
 10-03-2014, 09:17 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I'm not ashamed to admit that I still enjoy shaving with a cartridge. Usually once a week or so. I still perform my same wet shave prep and use my Fusion blade with Plisson Cade razor. It's rather enjoyable. No cartridge hate here.

159 1,315
 10-03-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
(10-02-2014, 12:40 PM)celestino Wrote: No pics, Dave? Smile
celestino, I tried repeatedly last night. still working on why imgur didn't send them up. a light tan wood mottled a little and attached to a mach 3. now I need to shop for a few blades. all this and on the list for a mongoose. not my fault ..............

wagstaff, I usually use a mild de merkur 34c but if necessary finish with a cartridge. this is wholly dependent upon how much time I want to spend on my head. the little hot wheels head shaver showed me how well cartridges work on my head. yes the handle I got was the third picture that att had on their website. the other two are close in color.
I think I enjoy headshaving so much because it allows more hardware and software to be enjoyed. I also mix some head slick with my soaps/creams to help the shaves. hope this helps

73 1,260
 10-18-2014, 04:50 AM
User Info
For those interested in the wood handles for Gillette Mk3 from ATT these are 2 of them.I also added a comparison to my CS King Cobra with modified ATT Colossus handle..Ernie
[Image: 4qkYHT7.jpg]
[Image: H5vTLic.jpg]
[Image: IKy0Jy7.jpg]

Dave you might want to try a different search engine to down load images like Chrome...........FYI it does take about 2 minutes to download to IMGUR

20 441
 10-18-2014, 08:37 AM
User Info
(10-18-2014, 04:50 AM)stickbow46 Wrote: For those interested in the wood handles for Gillette Mk3 from ATT these are 2 of them.I also added a comparison to my CS King Cobra with modified ATT Colossus handle..Ernie
[Image: 4qkYHT7.jpg]
[Image: H5vTLic.jpg]
[Image: IKy0Jy7.jpg]

Dave you might want to try a different search engine to down load images like Chrome...........FYI it does take about 2 minutes to download to IMGUR

thanks ernie I will get going on chrome. I did finally get them uploaded as my avatar. the thing I noticed is that the handles look really classy until you get to the ugly head. art of shaving is charging $200 plus for beautiful cartridges but still with the hideous head. love my att colossus thanks was going to possibly get a cobra but decided on the mongoose first. on the list.

73 1,260
 10-18-2014, 09:22 AM
User Info
this handle looks pretty neat - and i say the pics* in this thread show up exceedingly big at 1 mb each Exclamation

[Image: t1DDpAw.jpg]

*except mine - of course Biggrin

7 1,624
 10-18-2014, 10:01 AM
User Info
(10-03-2014, 10:04 AM)daveinsweethome Wrote: wagstaff, I usually use a mild de merkur 34c but if necessary finish with a cartridge. this is wholly dependent upon how much time I want to spend on my head. the little hot wheels head shaver showed me how well cartridges work on my head. yes the handle I got was the third picture that att had on their website. the other two are close in color.
I think I enjoy headshaving so much because it allows more hardware and software to be enjoyed. I also mix some head slick with my soaps/creams to help the shaves. hope this helps

Thanks you dave -- I just saw your reply to me this morning. I've since been headshaving... when I first asked the question I was gearing up to do it. I'm still finding my way -- shaving daily (with very short stubble) vs every couple/few days makes a difference; and I'm not sure where I'll settle. Surprisingly, a GEM open comb micromatic seems the best razor for me for a first pass on the head. I don't do as well with it for face shaving, so I'm really surprised.

But there is a lot of experimentation to be done! Cartridge "clean up" makes sense, but I'm haven't really found it better than a Tech, and I've found that with my new-ish Feather cartridge razor, the cartridge blades still go dull very quickly, which makes them pricey for consistent use.

7 315
 10-21-2014, 05:11 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
It is not a new cartridge but a new handle for the Mach 3...to be specific.

6 1,994
 10-23-2014, 10:05 AM
User Info
Hello, I'm new here and I'm picking up that ATT is a acronym for a woodturner that makes Razor Handles (like me) and is not American Telephone & Telegraph corporation (haha), but I can't find this "ARTISAN" in the ARTISAN list here. Can Someone give me the full name and/or website.
Thanks

0 29
 10-23-2014, 10:16 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Actually ATT is a Company...Above The Tie....they sell their own brand of razors and other shaving supplies...I believe they are located in Tennessee....look under abovethetie.com...

6 1,994
 10-23-2014, 10:25 AM
User Info
(10-23-2014, 10:16 AM)Harvey Wrote: Actually ATT is a Company...Above The Tie....they sell their own brand of razors and other shaving supplies...I believe they are located in Tennessee....look under abovethetie.com...
Thanks Harvey! I do know the Company Above The Tie, I don't know why I didn't think of them. I looked in the ARTISAN list and not the VENDOR list.
And thanks for the fast reply!

0 29
 10-23-2014, 12:34 PM
User Info
Looks pretty good. I too like to use carts. Well, for the Trac II handles of course. Biggrin

1 1,975
 11-16-2014, 10:53 AM
User Info
The Colossus handle looks terrific. I was looking through some ancient shaving gear I'd put away and found some cool stuff. One item was my first razor handle: Gillette Trac II from when they were brand new on the market. I also found two vintage Atra handles.
I haven't used a cartridge razor since "discovering" DEs, but I probably should give it a go, for old time sake. I think that, for me, the cartridge razor would be most useful as a shower razor - very forgiving shavers, in my experience. I also use disposables when I travel carry-on - usually Bic metal shavers. Best of the disposables IMO.
Euro

5 395