10-02-2014, 11:46 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Received the following PM from Richard (geezer) If you should see these for auction somewhere, please notify Richard or Chris.

geezer Wrote:Hello Johnny,
A friend in Europe has asked me to post this;
Google+ open forum:
Stolen Razors
Christophe Rigaux
3:42 AM
Hi all,
A special ask today, a good friend of me have send these razors for honning and they were lost by the post, the parcel is marked as delivery but the guy never sign for it.
If you see the razors on ebay or something, it would be great to contact me.
Thanks for your help
Chris 
[Image: stolenset.png]

Pleases contact me or Chris on G+ if you see them appear anywhere.
Thank you!
~Richard

178 23,809
 10-04-2014, 06:23 AM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
(Blades located )
Clement Arnoux
8:40 AM
Hello people. New member of the community and actual owner (of the blades)here.

First an update : following an immediate complaint written in the post office where they had "disappeared", the razors reappeared a week later, that is, yesterday evening.

Many thanks to you all, and in particular to +Christophe Rigaux.

I feel safer, but will be definitely at ease when they reach destination. And decided that they would not travel anymore via postal services.

The whole story, as a thank you gift :
At the end of July, I am told that I have to go to Paris for 2 weeks.
Suffering from chronic pain, I asked to stay there for the week end, not to have the added fatigue of the travel.

Besides, being formerly a Parisien myself, and an avid antiques shops and flea markets scavenger, I knew that I could easily fill that week end.

So there I am, on the world famous antique market of Saint Ouen, with two friends, and just in front of a shop I know well, Mr Serge Davoudian's Le Curieux. Well known shop if you are on the market for magnificent fans (his primary speciality) or high end circa 1820 razors and such products.

I don't know much how or why, but we just had a very good contact that day with Mr Davoudian, and he tells me he has this pair that I must see.
There in my hands I knew that whatever the price, and however novice I am to this world, well they were "made for me".
And well, everyone who knows me had to say that yes, indeed, my judgement was still sound.
However, I kept quiet about it, because, well, the word has been said, they are fit for a museum, which is where they will go after me, and well, being of modest education... Well I am a bit ashamed.

Anyway, at the beginning of September I won a bid for a nice leather case, same age.
The packet had a follow up, and said follow up told me it was in my mail box. Which wasn't quite the case.
I tried to file a complaint, but the only answer I was given was "the delivery guy says he put it in your box". I've learnt since that well, I was not alone complaining of disappearing parcels in my district.

But well, as good as restauring old razors as I am, such a work in that case should be handled by only the best of professionnals.
Therefore, when I sent the parcel with the two razors, I added maximum security. Maximum insurance, follow-up, delivery upon signature.

I sent another parcel at the same time, same kind of content, and it arrived flawlessly.
One day later, I check the status of the critical parcel... Still at the post office.

Starting to fear, I went there ASAP, and all they could tell me was that they could not find it.
So I filed a complaint. And started to panic.

My next strategy was well, to make them impossible to sell, and for that, I had to reach to everyone and do something I did not want, which is revealing that I am the owner.

Anyway, thank you again, I'll keep you posted when I have them back again

8 1,194
 10-04-2014, 06:51 AM
  • Doc226
  • edge snob (and proud of it)
  • Smallest State
User Info
Those are beautiful razors and very happy they are back with their owner

10 130
 10-04-2014, 10:49 AM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
Great looking razors. So happy post office took your complaint serious and found them.

2 479
 10-04-2014, 08:53 PM
User Info
Good to hear you have located the razors! They are stunning.

83 21,081
 10-04-2014, 10:19 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
It's great that the razors were returned, but so sad that it took a formal complaint to get the post office staff off their butts to start the search to begin with.
The package should never have been "lost" in the first place.

47 1,924