10-04-2014, 09:48 AM
User Info
As covered in another thread ML and I attended the Boston Pen Show.

Paper for Fountain Pens had a table. http://www.paperforfountainpens.com/

The owner gave us a a free small tablet. We used this to test pens at the show. We were both impressed so we bought a full size writing tablet.
[Image: YXYXQ7z.jpg]

This was a glued top pad of 100 sheets. It costs $10 at the show but $11 on the website. The paper is very light and listed at 52 grams on the website. The paper is very slick feeling. It is smooth to write on - a pleasure. I originally gave this a hearty thumbs up.

But now, as a lefty, I must revoke my recommendation for fellow left handed writes.

And since a picture is worth a thousand words:
[Image: jV5NwMJ.jpg]

I tried to write a letter but the ink smeared terribly. The picture shows a test of 10 different inks and drying times. Except the inks never dried and I only did it for 8 seconds.

So as much as I liked this paper I am not able to use it.

ML, being right handed, had no issues and likes the paper.
[Image: 6fJPL6t.jpg]
[Image: KzMtRTw.jpg]

Phil

7 363
 10-04-2014, 12:23 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Interesting, Phil. It's a shame the paper does not work for you. For those interested, Jet Pens also carries this paper in both white and cream, though at $15.00 per pack. They also offer three sheet samples at $1.00. http://www.jetpens.com/Tomoe-River-Paper...s/pd/11514

2 11,211
 10-04-2014, 04:34 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Good to hear a final review on this paper as I bookmarked the sight after reading your report on the Boston Show. Sorry to hear that you are unable to use it Phil, but as a right handed writer, ML's sample looks very promising.

Thanks for the link Freddy. And of course Phil and ML.

18 1,186
 10-04-2014, 09:00 PM
User Info
Phil, too bad about the paper. Undecided

82 21,056
 10-15-2014, 04:51 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
There is always origami and paper airplanesBiggrin

2 3,171
 10-17-2014, 03:04 PM
User Info
I believe they use Tomoe River paper which is some of the finest paper around. However, it is known for long drying times and many use blotter paper to facilitate drying. I would not recommend this paper to a lefty myself.

9 197
 10-17-2014, 03:50 PM
User Info
(10-17-2014, 03:04 PM)Ronnie Aloha Wrote: I believe they use Tomoe River paper which is some of the finest paper around. However, it is known for long drying times and many use blotter paper to facilitate drying. I would not recommend this paper to a lefty myself.

Yes it is Tomoe River paper.

At the pen show I was lulled into a false sense of security. The free sample they gave us was a small note pad. We used it to test fountain pens we were considering. All the pens wrote like a dream on it. Being that the pad was small my left hand never dragged across the ink to smear it. The issue arose when I wrote a letter on the full size.

I do agree this is nice paper. Just not for lefties.

Phil

7 363