10-04-2014, 12:42 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
[Image: uaXu1G9.jpg] [Image: mZ6dpZL.jpg]
Calling all aspiring Writers, Scribes, Reporters, Wordsmiths and Teachers!

UPDATE: Hi there Nook - let's hear from you! Even if you've expressed interest before or are working on your article, drop me a note. Thanks again to all of our talented authors!

As a reminder, most any topic is fair game but here are a few guidelines:

> No product reviews (they have a home of their own)
> Topics should be related to our little hobby but don't necessarily have to be limited to shaving. In fact, let's broaden it to anything related to grooming!
> Think "How do they do that?", "What's the best method?" or "What does that mean?". Also, "Where is that made?", "What else is interesting about that part of the world?".
> The Mod team will coordinate scheduling and review content prior to posting.

Post your ideas or willingness to help here or, if it's more comfortable, send me a PM. We Mods will periodically update this thread and choose new topics for the page.

Thanks Nook!!
Thumbup

Billy had posted this awhile ago and I figure it is time to post it again. Biggrin

45 17,457
 10-09-2014, 08:50 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
Phil, I have an idea for an article. I actually have it written already, if you would like to peruse it. I will post a PM to you as well.
Thanks.

2 1,676
 10-09-2014, 08:54 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Lay it on me Mike! Biggrin

45 17,457
 04-24-2015, 10:31 AM
User Info
(10-09-2014, 08:54 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Lay it on me Mike! Biggrin

What is the remuneration for this Mike? I do some writing from time to time. 

0 13
 04-24-2015, 02:36 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
I did not receive nor request any remuneration. It was the least I could do to give back to a community that has given so much to me.

2 1,676
 03-02-2016, 06:25 PM
User Info
I read your message, and I must confess that I am not a writer. 

Usually I type only a paragraph or so. I wish I were a writer.

0 346
 03-02-2016, 06:36 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Two wrongs don't make a writer but three lefts will.

2 3,171
 03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
User Info
Kav I saw the title of this thread and was hoping you had a piece in here.  Please tell me your writing your memoirs to post up here at the Nook!

83 423
 03-02-2016, 08:18 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(03-02-2016, 07:41 PM)w_mcnabb Wrote: Kav I saw the title of this thread and was hoping you had a piece in here.  Please tell me your writing your memoirs to post up here at the Nook!

I don't know if Chris has enough paper or we have enough bandwidth for that. Smile

174 23,733
 03-02-2016, 08:26 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
(03-02-2016, 08:18 PM)Johnny Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 07:41 PM)w_mcnabb Wrote: Kav I saw the title of this thread and was hoping you had a piece in here.  Please tell me your writing your memoirs to post up here at the Nook!

I don't know if Chris has enough paper or we have enough bandwidth for that. Smile

LOL!

2 1,676
 03-02-2016, 08:47 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Most of my material was stolen by Walter Mitty and Baron Munchausen. The world's most interesting man keeps asking me for advice about women. On a more noteworthy subject; the last surviving American 'Abraham Lincoln brigade' member passed today @ 100 here in his home
state of California. I met Elmer as a little boy visiting my grandfather at the V.A. and later at a political protest when my own military service was over. He asked if I had served my country honorably ( he served pre 15th brigade in the National Guard and in WW2 and pointed out the undercover FBI agent watching us). I spent part of the day reading Hemingway's great novel on the Civil War after shaving with my Vie-Long and SEYGUS, drinking Tremontillo with Basque goat cheese and listening to Concierto de Aranjuez And yes, I wore my boina in his memory.
I do have some ideas for articles.

2 3,171
 03-03-2016, 05:55 PM
User Info
Eagerly awaiting sir!  Reading your posts is one of my favorite things on the Nook.

(03-02-2016, 08:18 PM)Johnny Wrote: I don't know if Chris has enough paper or we have enough bandwidth for that. Smile
I'll happily organize a fundraiser to make sure we have room for them Johnny haha

83 423
 03-03-2016, 06:12 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I was toying with a light overview of the whole hair thing on humans from it's evolutionary role to cultural impact. For instance; the study of genital lice evolution into separate species on gorillas and humans and the inability to survive if somehow transferred between the two hostsEeeeek

2 3,171
 01-18-2017, 09:40 AM
User Info
I was toying with a light overview of the whole hair thing on humans from it's evolutionary role to cultural impact. For instance; the study of genital lice evolution into separate species on gorillas and humans and the inability to survive if somehow transferred between the two hosts[Image: eeeeek.gif]

***Is Kav going to write his study on genital lice evolution? +++

0 346