10-04-2014, 07:17 PM
User Info
Hi! In retail department store cosmetic sales teaches the sales people that women are extremely loyal to their skin care products, brands and system. So, if you (the sales person can nab a customer to switch, you are well off in the game.

I would like to know if gentlemen feel the same way with theirs. Granted, skin care lines are fairly new to the skin care routine (ex: Shiseido started in 1894)

you use these skincare system or brands - anything from moisturizer to toner, under eye cream etc. how loyal are you? What made you choose that one and why do you stay?

Just curious as I was once a makeup department sales lady earlier in life.....Shiseido and yes, extremely loyal except for under eye puffiness. Why? because your skin feels amazing using it.

Thanks, Curious Georgette Biggrin

0 135
 10-04-2014, 07:55 PM
User Info
Very loyal to the use of certain products, but not necessarily "brand."

I have extremely oily skin, so a moisturizer with salicylic acid is kind of key.

Witch Hazel as a toner, astringent. Again brand is not terribly important.

Now, your mention of eye puffiness... I NEED a solution for this problem and while I'm tempted, Genucel seems asininely expensive.
Brought to you by Steven Banks, his Nokia Icon & Tapatalk

0 53
 10-04-2014, 09:07 PM
User Info
I am very loyal with the sunscreen and cleanser I use. But then again, I am always a very loyal customer for any product I feel makes a difference and is made of high quality with high quality ingredients.

I remember a while back I tried Shiseido spf 50+. Didn't care for it. Devita SPF 30 moisturizer is my Sunscreen of choice and I will always have a bottle on hand. Made From Earth Green Tea Toxin Cleanser is the best Cleanser I have ever used and will always have a bottle of that around as well. In fact, I purchased 9 bottles not long ago so I wouldn't run out of it to fast haha.

46 1,102
 10-06-2014, 04:58 PM
User Info
Thanks for sharing! I can let you in on a long standing secret for under eye puffiness (thank you genetics & 30+ years of glasses) Preparation H makes a wipe version you can cut a square rest gently on puffies and wait a couple of minutes. Other than that, you could try the serious skin regimes for men at department stores but they get pricy. Wink

(10-04-2014, 07:55 PM)S_Banks Wrote: Very loyal to the use of certain products, but not necessarily "brand."

I have extremely oily skin, so a moisturizer with salicylic acid is kind of key.

Witch Hazel as a toner, astringent. Again brand is not terribly important.

Now, your mention of eye puffiness... I NEED a solution for this problem and while I'm tempted, Genucel seems asininely expensive.

omgosh Shiseido's sunscreen is just not any good for me either. tried it two separate times and broke out both times. The best from my experience is Clarins. Doesn't feel like sunscreen - not in the least. Depending on budget. Clarins were founded as sunscreen/tanning products. And neutrogena makes an inexpensive variety at 100+ UVB lmnop version that my red headed, ivory skinned me finds essential. Blush

(10-04-2014, 09:07 PM)Ellas318 Wrote: I am very loyal with the sunscreen and cleanser I use. But then again, I am always a very loyal customer for any product I feel makes a difference and is made of high quality with high quality ingredients.

I remember a while back I tried Shiseido spf 50+. Didn't care for it. Devita SPF 30 moisturizer is my Sunscreen of choice and I will always have a bottle on hand. Made From Earth Green Tea Toxin Cleanser is the best Cleanser I have ever used and will always have a bottle of that around as well. In fact, I purchased 9 bottles not long ago so I wouldn't run out of it to fast haha.

0 135
 10-06-2014, 05:11 PM
User Info
absolutely loyal to Murad Razor Rescue. probably the only item in my entire den I cant go without.

73 1,296
 10-06-2014, 05:19 PM
User Info
I am somewhat loyal to the brands of aftershaves that I and my wife like. Otherwise I have no loyalty at all to any particular brand of skin care products. I generally research a product type (e.g. a face moisturizing lotion) before buying and then select the one which seems to offer the best qualities for price and which has gotten the best reviews.

207 12,262
 10-06-2014, 06:42 PM
User Info
My skin reacts to things, and I am allergic to some scents, so usually if I find something that works, I stick with it.

0 1,071
 10-07-2014, 08:41 AM
User Info
I have been using Unrefined Shea Butter for almost 20 years! Biggrin

83 21,077
 10-07-2014, 06:30 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Extremely loyal.

I've been using the Bulldog line for months, and I see absolutely no reason to switch to anything else. I'll drive 45 minutes just to pick it up.

I've been using the Anti Aging Moisturizer, Aftershave Balm, the eye roller, and the Face Scrub. As for Toner, I use Witch Hazel. Currently the Thayers brand, and I like it better than Walgreens brand, that I had before. For Sunscreen, I really like Khiel's Facial Fuel. It has a matte finish to it that keeps you from looking shiny like a lot of sunscreens can.

I'd recommend any of these products to anyone that asks. And for those looking for something for puffy eyes, definitely try the eye roller. It is a bit pricey, but lasts forever. I use mine twice a day and have gotten 3 months + out of it so far.

18 1,186
 10-08-2014, 11:46 AM
User Info
Very interested now in the eye roller hummmmm Thanks!

(10-07-2014, 06:30 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: Extremely loyal.

I've been using the Bulldog line for months, and I see absolutely no reason to switch to anything else. I'll drive 45 minutes just to pick it up.

I've been using the Anti Aging Moisturizer, Aftershave Balm, the eye roller, and the Face Scrub. As for Toner, I use Witch Hazel. Currently the Thayers brand, and I like it better than Walgreens brand, that I had before. For Sunscreen, I really like Khiel's Facial Fuel. It has a matte finish to it that keeps you from looking shiny like a lot of sunscreens can.

I'd recommend any of these products to anyone that asks. And for those looking for something for puffy eyes, definitely try the eye roller. It is a bit pricey, but lasts forever. I use mine twice a day and have gotten 3 months + out of it so far.

0 135
 10-08-2014, 11:48 AM
User Info
Me too... looked it up last night, got some good reviews and found some others on Amazon also w/good reviews.

0 53
 10-08-2014, 01:11 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
(10-08-2014, 11:46 AM)KLovgren Wrote: Very interested now in the eye roller hummmmm Thanks!

(10-07-2014, 06:30 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: Extremely loyal.

I actually went back last night after posting that to see when I did purchase it, and I purchased it in March. So it's actually more like 6 months of twice daily use. Hard to tell how much is left in the tube, but I feel that it is well worth the price paid. I also get two months out of the moisturizer, and have yet to replace the face scrub or after shave balm after 3 months of usage. I only shave every other day though, and only use the scrub as a shave prep. I like that the scrub uses coconut shell pieces though as the exfoliant instead of some synthetic plastic balls or something else though.

18 1,186