10-06-2014, 05:33 AM
User Info
Based on other posts I thought you might enjoy these from my collection.
A Simplex in orig. packaging and apparently not used. All Bakelite but with a black steel head piece. A Valet auto strop. An Ever-Ready army kit. Gillette Khaki rigid box and what I have been told is very rare a Gillette Navy in blue canvas pouch.
There are if course many others but I wanted a sampling of several .
[Image: a0BYSLu.jpg]

[Image: oxAYRT1.jpg]

[Image: hZmQNVT.jpg]

[Image: 7FpEqCp.jpg]

[Image: 8mJ05Az.jpg]

[Image: Ytows59.jpg]

[Image: R3d2yCO.jpg]

0 777
 10-06-2014, 05:51 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
I'm really developing a growing interested in to the Military Razors from the recent postings as well. Very interesting set you've shared, all in great condition.

Was the Simplex from the same timeframe as the other canvas kits? Visually it would look like later date.

These kits are so incredible to look at. Great pictures and Thank you for sharing!

36 1,336
 10-06-2014, 06:23 AM
User Info
Thanks. Oh they could use a bit of elbow grease for sure but they're here.

I would venture a guess that the Simplex would be from that time period. Bakelite was used quite a bit around then based on other pieces I have that were done with it. There are no markings on the box to indicate age so I can only guess that being marked " military" it would point to the same period.

The one that gives me some pause is the Navy set. Seems every time I open it I see flakes of the printing over the piece . I'm wondering if some sort of sealer might help before it all disappears.

0 777
 10-07-2014, 05:31 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I have a Khaki Set like the one above and it really does provide a great shave; nice heft, too. As to the Navy Set, I have only seen one online. I'd love one of them. They appear to be quite rare? Are they?

0 1,846
 10-07-2014, 05:53 AM
User Info
I haven't done much research on them but from what comments I have heard they do seem to be rare. I don't know for sure.
I've seen plenty of the others but none of these. But I am now more heavily into straights and don't do much looking for DEs.

0 777
 10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
User Info
I have a Simplex, but it doesn't look like yours at all. The head is black, but the handle looks like a silver-colored common bar handle.

Not sure what material the head is made of. Very mild shaver, and one side seems to be milder than the other.

2 1,552