05-02-2017, 02:01 PM
User Info
I started using Feather blades not too long after they became available in the US, and my search for blades was over. I use them almost exclusively. Once in a while, someone will ask me to try another blade and I will. Then I go back to the Feather. I use the Feather Platinums (yellow box, but I think the black boxed ones are identical) in my DEs, the Artist Clubs in my AC SEs, and the FHS in the OneBlade.

When I got 'serious' about the wet-shaving hobby, the person who was mentoring me insisted I use Feather blades, and I'm very glad he did. I was very tentative at first because of what I had heard of them, but this was perhaps the best piece of shaving advice I'd ever received.

I use them for 2 shaves: Once in a while, I'll stretch the Artist Club or FHS to a third shave, but the DEs are discarded after two shaves for me.

25 712
 05-02-2017, 03:02 PM
User Info
I've been DE shaving since the first of the year. I've been through a large Sample Pack and a half-dozen others that were PIFed to me (Thanx Tom!). So far I get DFS with about 3 different ones and really DFS including a few BBS thrown in using Feather and Kai. I've backed off the number of "attempted" shaves from 7 to 5 and I'm going to 4 in an attempt to really dial those 2 blades in. Regardless of who wins the Number One spot; Feather will be in the top two and part of my regular rotation.

RON

0 195
 06-11-2017, 03:14 AM
User Info
I use the DE Feathers and Nothing gives better shaves for me. I'm not fussed that I don't get 5-6-7 shaves out of them, but the shaves I do are super close and just nothing comes close imo

0 103
 12-27-2017, 11:39 AM
  • Wayjr
  • Kennesaw, GA
User Info
I used a feather blade for the first time today. I waited until I was fairly proficient wet shaving, because I have read about how super sharp they are, and I didn’t want to turn my face into something that looked like Freddy Krueger got a hold of.
I only shaved WTG, so I haven’t had time to form an opinion about them. However, after shaving with them for the first time, I’m thinking they’re to sharp for my sensitive face.

0 55
 12-30-2017, 01:18 PM
User Info
(12-27-2017, 11:39 AM)Wayjr Wrote: I used a feather blade for the first time today. I waited until I was fairly proficient wet shaving, because I have read about how super sharp they are, and I didn’t want to turn my face into something that looked like Freddy Krueger got a hold of.
I only shaved WTG, so I haven’t had time to form an opinion about them. However, after shaving with them for the first time, I’m thinking they’re to sharp for my sensitive face.

Don't give up too soon. Your sensitive face will really tolerate Feathers in a mild type razor. You will get great results too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 117
 12-30-2017, 06:07 PM
  • Wayjr
  • Kennesaw, GA
User Info
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
I think you’re right about the milder razor. I use a Gillette Fat Boy, so I have to shave on the lower settings.

0 55