10-08-2014, 10:22 AM
User Info
I was out running around today at lunch. I stopped by a beauty supply store and low and behold, they had 6 oz bottles of Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and Clubman Vanilla. I picked up both to try out.

When I got home, I opened the Vanilla first. It smelled somewhat similar to the regular Clubman, but a lot sweeter. Not to bad at all. Now was the time to open the dreaded Veg! I was expecting to smell a dirty cat liter box, instead it was a really nice floral scent. Kind of like what you expect an old lady to smell like. Surprised by this, I had to splash a little on. Now the old lady smell hit me like a ton of bricks! I thought OMG, what have I done? Like all Pinaud, I did decide to let it dry down and see what the smell was like. After about 10 minutes, the grandma smell started to fade away. I was left with a nice "green" scent with just a touch of floral (I'm guessing Lilac, but I'm not sure what they smell like).

Overall, I like it. Is it something I would wear everyday, no way! Is it something that I love, not really. But when the mood hits me, it is quite nice. I'm sorry that I was scared of this aftershave and took so long to try it.

We will see what SWMBO has to say about it. I'm not going to say a word and see if she notices Biggrin

Quite a nice haul for a local place!
[Image: S49JxY.jpg]

21 555
 10-08-2014, 10:31 AM
User Info
I absolutely love the Clubman Vanilla. It is my sig scent and have gotten many compliments from it. It's old school classy, in the sense that truly agrees with my body state. Nothing better on me as far as scent. It might only be second to Issey.

1 1,975
 10-08-2014, 02:48 PM
User Info
I actually like the Vegetal very much. Perhaps it's an acquired taste, as I wasn't sure I would at first. The first time I tried it I thought it was too flowery, but after a few applications over a few days, I began to prefer it so much that it's now my favorite. But it's not one I would wear to a job interview - I'll stick to the more traditional Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve for that! Smile

2 54