10-11-2014, 07:56 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I think I'm starting a new category under SHAVE OF THE DAY.
Yesterday was some sort of disharmonic convergence of the universe.I woke up just ' out of sorts' and stumbled through a shower, making breakfast etc. A voice said 'DON'T SHAVE- you might slash your throat in this frame of mind.'
So, I didn't and my neighbor gave me a ride to the bank to cover some bills with a small influx of cash. He sells cars: He had the obligatory tie,slacks and white shirt. He didn't shave either, stating 'I just feel out of it this Friday.'
I walked home and stopped to say hello to David, my English car mechanic friend (Surrey on Thames)
David was unshaven,fighting a headcold, struggling to put in 8 more hours until Saturday and rewarded with a recalcitrant Volvo. I finally repaid a measure of friendship, knowing just how to maneuver my hand to access this defective part deep in the bowels of the engine bay.
I walk into my APT complex and Jose the porter is unshaven. Jose said 'I'm just beat up this week and overslept.'
I spent the day reading, listening to classical music and drinking some wine.
About 9P.M I got ready for bed. Pyewacket had been sitting in my lap and suddenly began pawing my face.
He was right, a man must have standards.
Shave of the NIGHT: Edwin Jaeger razor, Super Iridium ( new one) Dittmar's, Vie-Long Beehive, Guerlain Imperiale

2 3,171
 10-11-2014, 06:17 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
I'm a regular night shaver. Mornings are not a time of mental sharpness or physical dexterity for me. It takes me an hour and a half to two hours to actually wake up enough to be useful to anyone.
Just finished my shave. Schick Krona/Crystal blade, Stirling Clubman, Semogue 1460 and P&G Old Spice.

2 1,683
 10-11-2014, 06:37 PM
User Info
I've been shaving at night lately, too -- just started head-shaving, and still working out how and with what to do that, and figure so long as I'm doing all the prep I should just do my whole head (including the front) at the same time.

Tonight: GEM G-bar on head with GEM PTFE SE blade; Parker 24c with Superiridium blade for face. Mike's Vetiver shaving soap, lathering on a (borrowed) M&F 26mm stubby Blonde Badger brush. Captain's Choice Bay Rum, and some Trader Joe's "Nourish" moisturizer, both for the face. Thayer's unscented for the head.

7 315
 10-11-2014, 06:50 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Always have been and likely will be an evening shaver. Not a morning person and I like to stumble out of bed and into the shower and then onto work in an equally tired state.

Evening shaves allow for a period of time to unwind from a tedious day with a tranquil, tallow-filled tradition sans tired trepidation.

10 753
 10-11-2014, 08:27 PM
User Info
Lately I've been shaving when I can, mostly at night. Today was the exception.

I just post in SOTD since a day is 24 hours long.

32 6,445
 10-11-2014, 09:05 PM
User Info
I actually shaved tonight. Not really a evening shaver. Was nice though!!

Used a Gillette Old Type, Astra blade(4th shave), Proraso green and Proraso AS.

3 218
 10-12-2014, 10:56 AM
User Info
As long as you were able to enjoy your shave is what is important, no matter when you do it. Smile

82 21,056
 10-17-2014, 06:34 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've been trying to shave at night so that I can get out of the door earlier in the morning. However, after 52 years of morning shaving, it's really hard to get into it and I miss my morning shave.

38 5,030
 10-17-2014, 07:12 AM
User Info
One more perk for retirement, you get to shave at any time of the day or night whenever the mood strikes you. Getting old isn't for sissies but it has its advantages.Biggrin

3 19
 10-17-2014, 07:42 AM
User Info
(10-17-2014, 06:34 AM)evnpar Wrote: I've been trying to shave at night so that I can get out of the door earlier in the morning. However, after 52 years of morning shaving, it's really hard to get into it and I miss my morning shave.

Nothing like getting up an extra 30 minutes in the morning to start your day by shaving! Biggrin

82 21,056
 10-17-2014, 07:55 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(10-17-2014, 07:12 AM)Jmizoh Wrote: One more perk for retirement, you get to shave at any time of the day or night whenever the mood strikes you. Getting old isn't for sissies but it has its advantages.Biggrin

This man speaks the truth. Biggrin

You can post your nightly shaves in the SOTD section. A day is from 12:01 AM until 12:00 PM so your nightly shave falls in this time period.

No new category needed.

175 23,752
 11-01-2014, 07:41 AM
User Info
used eva nestorovas pine soap with a muehl r41 and persona med lab. shaved my chest before upcoming back surgery Tuesday. not gonna let them rip it off for an ekg.

73 1,261