10-11-2014, 02:46 PM
User Info
I'm trying to figure out what blades this razor takes. Based on my research so far, I think there's a chance this could be a homemade modification of a larger single-edge razor. However, I've found one picture of a razor similar to this one sold in a boxed set on etsy. Auto Strop also made a utility knife that looks like it would take the same blade as this would. Of all the old shaving paraphernalia that I have, this razor confuses me the most.

I'm sure I could modify a SE utility blade to fit, but I'd rather find out whatever information I can about this specific razor and the proper blades for it.

Thanks!

[Image: Efy5Tpx.jpg]

[Image: gfS28Us.jpg]

0 3
 10-11-2014, 03:03 PM
User Info
That thing does not look stable enough to shave with Doubt

But I would assume that it would take the same blades as autostrops. Feather makes a blade that should work for it, separate from their DE and SE blades

11 489
 10-11-2014, 03:16 PM
User Info
(10-11-2014, 03:03 PM)Banes_Pubes Wrote: That thing does not look stable enough to shave with Doubt

But I would assume that it would take the same blades as autostrops. Feather makes a blade that should work for it, separate from their DE and SE blades

Thanks! I was looking at Feather blades (from another post on here), but can only find pictures of the boxes.

The right blade would be a typical 1-1/2" long, and it looks like it would be about 1/4" tall.

Any information on the razor itself? What it was specifically used for, what dates it was likely produced...?

0 3
 10-11-2014, 08:53 PM
User Info
Autostrop never made such a razor. That looks to me as though someone took an Autostrop blade holder and brazed or silver soldered it to a handle.

Why? Who knows. Maybe they wanted a straight razor? Maybe they wanted a box cutter? It looks dangerous to me.

Autostrop did make a utility knife that used their blades, but it looks nothing like that. It also appears to have folded so that it could be put into a pocket safely.

Gotta run, busy, busy.

32 6,445
 10-11-2014, 11:21 PM
User Info
Wow - I wouldn't even consider holding that thing to the delicate features of my handsome face lol

2 68
 10-12-2014, 08:59 PM
User Info
perhaps a juvie prison shank?! haha

0 3