10-12-2014, 03:52 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Can anyone help me out with a little critique of C&E Sandalwood cream? Is it worth trying? I have an opportunity to pick up some of the previous rendition of it but I have no idea of what the shaving community in general thought of it. Is it great? good? fair? lousy?
Thanks in advance.

7 2,327
 10-12-2014, 06:52 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? anyone? anyone? anyone?

7 2,327
 10-12-2014, 07:32 AM
User Info
I have the newer version called "Indian Sandalwood" and it smells quite nice, performance is good as well. Not as good as true "top tier" creams but I picked it up during a 2 for 3 sale for the heck of it since I had a gift card and the scent is my favorite Sandalwood.

16 249
 10-14-2014, 03:17 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I like the new version Indian Sandalwood more than the old version Sandalwood. More lively, not as dry, compared to the old.
I love it and say get it.
Just don't buy the soap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, one of my favorite sandalwood scents out there for sure!

59 2,818
 10-14-2014, 04:30 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
(10-14-2014, 03:17 PM)Nero Wrote: I like the new version Indian Sandalwood more than the old version Sandalwood. More lively, not as dry, compared to the old.
I love it and say get it.
Just don't buy the soap!!

I agree, one of my favorite sandalwood scents out there for sure!

Don't buy the soap?!? I have the last version of Nomad(2nd puck) and an old, vintage Mysore Sandalwood and they are great. They lather easily and thickly. Among the best. Not just among the best veggie ones, but the best. Among, not THE.

7 2,327
 10-15-2014, 01:25 AM
User Info
new formulation of soaps sucks !!

1 495
 10-18-2014, 12:35 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Yes, I was talking about the newer formulations that are bad, with Sodium Palmate as the first ingredient... occurs in these scents: Nomad/Moroccan Myrrh, Sandalwood/Indian Sandalwood, Sienna, and West Indian Lime.
They lather like the bad veggie Penhaligon's, Trumper's and other recent flops.

BUT... I also have good formulations of Nomad, Sandalwood, and Sienna... they have Potassium Palmate as the first ingredient.... not Sodium Palmate.
This is well documented on the various shaving forums, btw.

I also have older Crabtree soaps like Sweet Almond Oil and the Mysore Sandalwood... several different versions of each of these, actually. All great soaps. Funny thing is that these have Sodium Palmate as the first ingredient.

59 2,818