10-17-2014, 05:37 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Withdrawn

4 2,822
 10-19-2014, 06:35 PM
User Info
I get that it's your right to set a price, etc. -- but $25 for two partially used tubs of soap seems a bit high considering that for $7 more including shipping you could buy them new.

Not trying to sound disparaging -- just offering my opinion.

0 17
 10-19-2014, 06:46 PM
User Info
(10-19-2014, 06:35 PM)shotwell Wrote: ...$25 for two partially used tubs of soap seems a bit high considering that for $7 more including shipping you could buy them new....

But if you figure that you're getting approximately 90% of product at about a 22% discount, IMO it's really not that unreasonable.

2 54
 10-19-2014, 06:56 PM
User Info
(10-19-2014, 06:46 PM)wjosephsimmons Wrote:
(10-19-2014, 06:35 PM)shotwell Wrote: ...$25 for two partially used tubs of soap seems a bit high considering that for $7 more including shipping you could buy them new....

But if you figure that you're getting approximately 90% of product at about a 22% discount, IMO it's really not that unreasonable.

Yeah, true... If you were talking about new, unadulterated product. But I respect that other people would be willing to pay that. I just know I would hope for a higher discount on a product that's been used, before it would be an enticing enough price to pull me away from a new unopened product.

0 17
 10-19-2014, 07:07 PM
User Info
(10-19-2014, 06:56 PM)shotwell Wrote:
(10-19-2014, 06:46 PM)wjosephsimmons Wrote:

Yeah, true... If you were talking about new, unadulterated product. But I respect that other people would be willing to pay that. I just know I would hope for a higher discount on a product that's been used, before it would be an enticing enough price to pull me away from a new unopened product.

I expect the member priced it as such because there's no reason to believe it is in fact adulterated. I understand your reasoning, but you are putting a premium on a risk factor, not a actual characteristic of the product up for sale. In fact, if it were actually adulterated, it wouldn't be worth two cents (or about as much as my opinion)! Smile

2 54
 10-19-2014, 08:23 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Quote:I get that it's your right to set a price, etc. -- but $25 for two partially used tubs of soap seems a bit high considering that for $7 more including shipping you could buy them new.

Maybe so, but it is really out of line to disparage someone's price in a classified on a message board. If I priced them too high, and maybe I have, then they won't sell. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are new to message boards. I would have PM'd you if it had not been for the other follow up posts

The soaps are barely used and one is sold out right now. I thought that asking $9 for a $13 soap (25% off)that are barely used was fair. I may be wrong.

4 2,822
 10-19-2014, 08:41 PM
User Info
I wouldn't take it too seriously, Bob. It's a very naive assumption that a seller is obliged to compensate a buyer simply because of the buyer's own lack of trust. IMO, if you can't do business with someone you trust, you shouldn't be considering doing business at all. Good luck with your sale!

2 54
 10-20-2014, 07:21 AM
User Info
I certainly wasn't intending to be disparaging. Sorry if it sounds like that. I do believe that it's your right to set whatever price you like. And since it looks like the LB is out of stock at Maggard anyway, that does make it an attractive offer regardless of price.

0 17