10-19-2014, 08:58 AM
User Info
Hey Friends,

i just want to do a review of my newest addition. The Soap is (as you may have seen) Saponificio Varesino "Felce Aromatica". The soap comes in a very nice, solid aluminum jar. This jar contains 5.3 oz or 150g of soap. You can also buy the soap only. Without the jar. Than it is a little cheaper.
The soap itself has a very hard consistency, so i think it will last a very long time.

As i opened the jar, a heavenly scent came to my nose. Not a chemical scent, not artificial, just a pure, fresh and clean Fern scent. I have to say, that i never smelled a better Fern scent. Really really nice.

To lather up i used my HJM Black Fibre. I gave the brush a few swirls on the soap and within seconds i had enough wonderful lather to shave with. Once lathered up the scent was spreading out. There was an addition with a light citrus note, which made the scent so fresh. Absolutely outstanding.

The skin feel is absolutely top notch. There is no burning, no itching, nothing negativ about the lather. It´s very creamy, cushioning and the razor glides through the lather that it´s a pure joy. You don´t have to re-aply the lather. I let the lather sit on my face for about 5 minutes and what should i tell you...

NOTHING happend!!! No drying or fading away...the same quality of lather all the time. Wonderful.

After the shave i waited for abour 30 minutes to apply my Aftershave, because normally this is the time, where my skin get´s a little dried out if the soap has not the best moisturizing ingredients. I waited and waited and waited...and here again...NOTHING happend. My face felt like it has been creamed with a rich moisturizing balm or cream. Nevertheless i applied my Aftershave just to end up the shave like i always do.

For me i can say, that this soap is one of the best soaps i ever used. The scent is georgeous, the lather is fantastic and the skin care is absolutely outstanding. I paid 14,50€ (which is app. 18$) and shipping cost me 8€ (which is app. 10$) for shipping to Germany. So i think, the price is absolutely ok.

Here are some pictures.

[Image: uqez4sc3e3se.jpg]

[Image: 2azerrohisdt.jpg]

[Image: xbtojavqlfe8.jpg]

As i said, for me it is THE best shaving soap i tried so far. Hopefully this outstanding soap will never be discontinued.

If there is another Thread about this fantastic soap...sorry...please put it together.Wink

Greetings
Thorsten

0 273
 10-19-2014, 04:23 PM
User Info
Mine should be arriving some time this week, Italian shipping willing. Very curious about it after seeing some very positive feedback about it!

16 249
 10-19-2014, 04:31 PM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
Thanks for the great review!

I favor Italian soaps and so I've wanted to try this one since I read about it a few weeks ago. I have way to many creams/soaps though - so trying to resist. :-)

17 535
 10-19-2014, 08:31 PM
User Info
Thorsten, thank you for the review and glad to hear you are enjoying the soap! Smile

83 21,081
 10-20-2014, 09:19 AM
User Info
I ordered mine in Colorado on a Thursday and had it in hand the following Tuesday ... 3 business days from Italy! This stuff smells just like creed GIT ... dead ringer.

102 1,406
 10-20-2014, 09:29 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Order placed last night ... Shy

102 18,653
 10-20-2014, 11:13 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Very nice review, thanks for sharing!

(10-20-2014, 09:29 AM)Agravic Wrote: Order placed last night ... Shy

You just can't help yourself, Ravi! Biggrin

26 4,928
 10-20-2014, 11:18 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Enablers like you, David, have put me in this state ... Tongue

102 18,653
 10-20-2014, 11:41 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Nice review, thanks for sharing! consider me enabled...order placed Tongue

34 1,628
 10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
User Info
I got this soap last week.
It is really a good soap. It needs a little more water and the lather was great. The post feeling of the skin is very good: Relaxed, without irritation, a very good skin protection.

The scent of the soap is nice, but there are other soaps I like their scent more.
But based on the quality, this soap is really good.

17 908
 10-21-2014, 10:04 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I thought it was ok, but not great. I have very hard water which could be the issue, but even with that issue I found the soap to be just ok. YMMV and it does smell nice but not the best I've ever smelled either. I gave it to my dad and he likes it so I'm happy...

74 1,512
 10-22-2014, 10:12 AM
User Info
Did one of you order the Preshave Oil and the Aftershave? I did and these things are great!!!

[Image: 76p24lyh5zlt.jpg]

[Image: 7x62whfjxz8.jpg]

[Image: p1drcdw5yhuk.jpg]

[Image: 7qu2amfue4.jpg]

The Preshave Oil is a "Roll On". Just like a deo roll on. It´s the first time that i know about a bottle with a roll on (for preshave oil).Biggrin

The Aftershave is fantastic. It smells almost identical to the shaving soap. But it´s not watery as an normal aftershave. It´s more like a balm. Feels wonderful on the skin. Additionaly it is a small amount of Menthol in it. Not much, but you can definetly feel it. This in combination with the scent and the skin care is absolutely great.

Greetings
Thorsten

0 273
 10-22-2014, 12:43 PM
User Info
To me it is rather disappointing that it's third ingredient is a surfactant/foaming agent.

My concern is that my skin is very sensitive to these agents, and also that they tend to dry the skin. Also, sodium cocoyl isethionate is an extreme eye irritant. So make sure you keep your lather away from your eyes.

I will stick to pure soaps without detergents, surfactants, or foaming agents.

2 1,464
 10-30-2014, 07:52 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
An excellent soap for me so far.

Nicely packaged, easy to create a creamy and thick lather that sustains for great performance, and nice post-shave skin feel.

The pre-shave oil and aftershave balm are very nice too.

Distinctive and pleasant scent notes too .. Smile

102 18,653
 10-30-2014, 08:04 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Great to hear! Mine should be waiting for me when I get back from my travels. I'm looking forward to trying it out Biggrin

34 1,628
 11-02-2014, 01:33 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've been using this soap all week, and was very pleasantly surprised. It lathers easily, has great cushion and is slick, and very moisturizing. This has to be the best fern scent that I've tried. I love it, and it has entered my rotation.

38 5,115
 11-02-2014, 02:00 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I used it last night for the first time. It was excellent and the scent is outstanding. While I still think I need to tweak my soap/water ratio (I was in a rush last night), it still performed wonderfully and I experienced no irritation whatsoever. This was definitely a great find in my book and I look forward to using it more Biggrin

34 1,628
 11-02-2014, 02:13 PM
User Info
I am enjoying this soap! Lather is abundant with good slickness. Most importantly, my face did not feel tight or dry, as many vegan soaps leave my skin feeling under conditioned.

In short, I like it! Biggrin

4 925
 11-02-2014, 05:56 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(11-02-2014, 02:13 PM)ColdRiverSoap Wrote: I am enjoying this soap! Lather is abundant with good slickness. Most importantly, my face did not feel tight or dry, as many vegan soaps leave my skin feeling under conditioned.

In short, I like it! Biggrin

That's quite a complement, from someone who really knows their soaps.

38 5,115
 11-04-2014, 10:30 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I continue to be impressed with the Saponificio Varesino 'Felce Aromatica' .. outstanding performance for me so far .. shaving soap, aftershave balm, pre-shave oil.

My first order with them was through Italian Post (no tracking), and took about 2 weeks to arrive.

I see that they now have express courier shipping option to US (with tracking) for pricing similar to what I paid, i.e. standard post (no tracking) .. very nice.
<400g - 15 euros
<800g - 16 euros
<1.9kg - 25 euros

I'll be using the courier shipping with tracking option with my next order.

102 18,653