08-26-2015, 06:09 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(10-19-2014, 07:33 PM)Agravic Wrote: I have several of the Feather Parada clippers ... they are excellent.

I recently ordered Klhip out of curiosity ...

I've tried several nice brands now, and Feather Parada remain my favorite.

I believe I purchased these from Classic Shaving.

102 18,079
 08-26-2015, 06:23 PM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
I have a few sets of Seki Edge. Very well built. I'll have to try the Paradas.

58 495
 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I recently bought a Seiki fingernail clipper from amazon. It is well built, and very sharp. But I really don't like the plastic slip-over housing and the way the nail file is built in to the plastic part. I wouldn't recommend them.

52 1,476
 08-26-2015, 06:35 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Feather Parada clippers come in S M and L.

S is ideal for fingernails and toenails
M is best suited for toenails but can be used for fingernails as well
L is well, very large and I don't use

[Image: SoiAoGl.jpg]

102 18,079
 08-26-2015, 06:37 PM
User Info
Another Seki user (no plastic parts), happy with the product but now curious about the parada.

7 950
 08-27-2015, 05:58 AM
User Info
The small Parada was the best cutter, and also impossible to hold securely. The medium, for me, might be too big.
I've gone back to my decades-old Normandie; at least I'm used to it.

23 1,739
 08-28-2015, 11:21 AM
User Info
Just ordered the small Parada.  Hope it's as great as you guys say - I've only ever used the drug store kind.

0 130
 11-02-2015, 10:36 AM
User Info
So after 2 months of use, I really think the Parada is over rated.  

1) Weight: The Walgreens version I had worked just as well and seemed pretty solid.  The Parada feels a bit too light actually.  
2) Trap mechanism: Kinda interesting little feature.
3) Size:  The small Parada was way too small for me and I have small hands to start.  The smaller size makes it take much longer.
4) Nail File: The file is nice because it has smaller holes instead of ridges (if that makes sense).  But because it is a small size and because the file isn't a separate piece, it feels a bit awkward to hold and use.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it.

0 130
 11-02-2015, 11:29 AM
User Info
You think a medium size would've made things different for you?

7 950
 11-04-2015, 12:14 PM
User Info
(11-02-2015, 11:29 AM)lloydrm Wrote: You think a medium size would've made things different for you?

I think a medium might make me want to use it again.  As it stands now, I would prefer the Walgreens version over this.  It takes a lot longer because of the size - the small actually reminds me of those little tiny ones people travel with and use only if they really have to.  But let me caveat that by saying I haven't seen how big the medium is so maybe that's truly too large?  

Quality wise, the only benefit I see is the little moveable sides that help capture the clipped nails.

0 130
 11-04-2015, 01:50 PM
User Info
All I know is a I have a Parada M size on the mail since about two days before your post (I guess they ship all the way from Japan). 
Will let you know what I think when I get it. For now Seiki is doing a pretty good job. It is a bit bulky on the tip which makes it difficult to react corners and that's why I ordered the Parada. Trimmed fingers crossed.

7 950
 11-05-2015, 05:16 PM
User Info
(11-04-2015, 01:50 PM)Alloydrm Wrote: All I know is a I have a Parada M size on the mail since about two days before your post (I guess they ship all the way from Japan). 
Will let you know what I think when I get it. For now Seiki is doing a pretty good job. It is a bit bulky on the tip which makes it difficult to react corners and that's why I ordered the Parada. Trimmed fingers crossed.

Please do.  I was about to take a photo for you of it next to a dime so you had a concept of size, but maybe you dont need it?

0 130
 11-07-2015, 12:08 PM
User Info
I was away from home and the clipper was waiting in the mailbox. Shipped from Tokyo on 10.27 so pretty quick. 

They are light and can see Billium's point on he hand feel, even more for the smaller size. I like mine though. It makes a very clean cut; cleaner than the Seiki IME. Also it cuts a lot on one snap and has the right curvature. The clip catcher works surprisingly well. I'd say 90% of the clips at collected even in different positions. That doesn't come free as the catcher limits maneuverability and visibility in some positions. Pulling the catcher back solves for that. 
The feel on the hand is not the best, but it performs quite well. It is not particularly hefty, meaning it must not be used for alternative tasks like cutting zip ties. It makes a cleaner cut than Seiki, which is very hefty and cuts like a guillotine; sometimes leaving behind sharp edges. 

Some pics for comparison on a altoids box for size reference. I store them there too. 

[Image: 0XGscmG.jpg]
[Image: qoDDhFZ.jpg]

7 950
 11-17-2015, 06:53 AM
User Info
Hoping to get a cleaner cut that the drugstore specials (I don't like having to file my nails after clipping them, I recently bought these (small) Muji clippers from Amazon. They are certainly sharper and easier to use than the drugstore specials, but I still need to file my nails (less than before) to smooth out the sharp edges. Has anyone used both the Parada and Muji?

10 96
 11-17-2015, 09:58 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I was gifted a Henckels clipper set which is cool to look at but I don't really care for all that much.

My wife picked up a Tweezerman set somewhere locally and the quality is pretty solid. Cuts well, seems fairly well constructed. Have had for around 8-9 months and still sharp etc. Overall pleased with the goods even if not unique.

2 1,180
 11-17-2015, 02:07 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
best I ever used is the KLHIP....not inexpensive but amazing performance.

6 1,959
 11-20-2015, 04:46 AM
User Info
Dovo Solingen make some very good nail clippers, but KAI from Japan produce equally good ones. 
Suwada of course is another top choice.

1 67
 12-29-2015, 12:44 PM
User Info
Lost my old ones, and had to go shopping for a new set.  Found a website that recommended Mehaz 660s, made by Kai, from Amazon for about $9.00.  Work quite well; got some for stocking stuffers.  These have the plastic "nail collector".  After just one use so far, they do seem to work quite well.  I like the fact that the lever is longer than on my old set; makes them easier to manipulate.

3 543
 01-01-2016, 05:14 PM
User Info
I bought a set of the Sekis and really like them.  I used to have to shower before clipping, but no longer.

10 168
 01-08-2016, 09:10 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
Oh man what have you done!!! those Suwada clippers look great, I have always thought in the back of my mind I should get some nice clippers ... I think you may have just helped spend some of my money.

14 768