01-09-2016, 05:12 AM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Bought this at the supermarket that i just described in the other thread. Not sure what to expect but at approximately 3USD not sure i will be disappointed. (There's a slightly bigger one at i guess 3.5 USD). It's a Kai Stainless Steel clipper.

Nail Clipper

10 372
 01-13-2016, 05:59 PM
User Info
Found this set of nail clippers on Amazon & my wife surprised me with them today. I was going to order the PaRaDa clippers that Ravi likes but I guess I'll try these out for awhile first.

Vaulua Nail Clippers

[Image: ujaNTi6.jpg]

[Image: 2uyCgwM.jpg]

Along with the order was a typed thank you note from a person with the last name of Vaulua. He thanked us for our purchase and asked for our feedback saying they are a small company.

The clippers are very streamlined when closed. The lever arm is rotated all the way around to engage it for clipping action. They feel nice in hand, well finished, & with nice balance. I look forward to trying them out.

31 8,057
 04-26-2016, 07:14 PM
User Info
(01-13-2016, 05:59 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Found this set of nail clippers on Amazon & my wife surprised me with them today. I was going to order the PaRaDa clippers that Ravi likes but I guess I'll try these out for awhile first.

Vaulua Nail Clippers

[Image: ujaNTi6.jpg]

[Image: 2uyCgwM.jpg]

Along with the order was a typed thank you note from a person with the last name of Vaulua. He thanked us for our purchase and asked for our feedback saying they are a small company.

The clippers are very streamlined when closed. The lever arm is rotated all the way around to engage it for clipping action. They feel nice in hand, well finished, & with nice balance. I look forward to trying them out.

Have a revision these clippers yet? Interested

9 113
 05-03-2016, 04:37 PM
  • Urolex
  • Phoenix, AZ
User Info
+1 on the Seki.  If you've got $75 burning a hole in your pocket, the Khlip are the pinnacle IMO

50 421
 05-03-2016, 05:51 PM
  • Viking
  • Artisan - Soap & Cosmetics
  • Ames, Iowa
User Info
The Seki clippers showed up today... but of course I cut my nails at work with my old cheapo this morning because I couldn't stand it any longer... Will have to wait until the next go 'round to try them out!

10 232
 05-03-2016, 06:42 PM
User Info
I've been quite happy with my seki edge clippers, but I'd suggest going with the larger of the two sizes - as the "fingernail" version is quite dainty.

26 1,025
 05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
This is what my wife and me are using. Wedding gift from friend in Germany couple 4 years ago
[Image: qxm2o7.png]

11 880
 05-16-2016, 12:01 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(10-19-2014, 06:50 PM)mixershave Wrote: I've been meaning to buy some decent nail clippers and cutters for a while and finally decided to let the bats out of my wallet.
Picked these up for USD $10 from Tokyo Hands in Japan:

[Image: laEV8N.jpg]

Minor correction:  the chain is Tokyu Hands.  

For the past several years, I have been using a pair of KAI 119 straight-across clippers to cut my toenails:  
[Image: QxPPpee.jpg]
The KAI clippers always have cut very well . . . but, as I age, apparently my big toes have got more cylindrical, and the difference in “elevation” between the center of the nail and the sides of the nail (near the fleshy parts of the toe) has grown more pronounced.  As a result, when I clip the nail with a straight-across clipper, the profile of the cut, as seen from above, is a shallow U shape, with points at both sides, sort of like the University of Texas longhorn logotype. 
[Image: xa4FNba.jpg]
Predictably, the pointed sides grow into the fleshy area of my toe at the sides of the nail, which is painful, so I need separately to cut a little bevel off each side of the nail, in the manner that the nanny don't-argue books that we all read while in grammar school hygiene class always told us NOT to do.  In aid of that clipping I have been using the scissors-style nippers from my bride's deluxe Shiseido brand manicuring set that is very similar to the Zwilling J. A. Henckels set that celar36 shows in his post immediately above.  But my toenails are also getting thicker these days, and the Shiseido nippers are having a hard time to cut through my tough, thick nails.

However, we were in the Yokohama Station branch of Tokyu Hands the last week in March, where I espied some:

(10-19-2014, 06:50 PM)mixershave Wrote: Suwada nail cutters made in Niigata Japan, these are beautifully made and maybe a little harder to use than the clippers. Very precise cutting mechanism as opposed to clipping, and built like a tank. $65 from Tokyo Hands.
[Image: 1CorrM.jpg]
[Image: Fn1vPj.jpg]

I had been lusting after a pair of the Suwada.l stainless (with case) clippers for some time now, for the reasons given above, and was familiar with the pricing of those on Amazon.  The price of the Suwada.l Stainless at Tokyu Hands in late March, translated to dollars, was about $57 or $58, within a dollar or two of the Amazon price, and there was a line at the cashier when I was in the store, so I decided that rather than wait in line, I would just order some from Amazon when I got back to the West Coast.  

Bad idea. 
On April 1, for whatever reason, the price at Amazon jumped close to $15 in one day, to over $70, including shipping, not an April Fool prank.  Figuring that the price might drop just as abruptly some day soon — just as Amazon's price for the Feather AS-D2 razor has fluctuated between $145 and $170 over the last six months — I sat tight and watched the Suwada.l pricing on Amazon closely for five weeks, during which time it held depressingly steady (actually going further up by five or so dollars for a while).  Finally, ten days ago, I bit the bullet, as it were, and ordered through one of the several independent sellers on the Amazon site (Amazon does not fulfill Suwada.l orders directly).  

Today, I got notice from Amazon that the specific seller that I had chosen no longer can obtain this product to sell because some Japanese television program featured the Suwada, and demand has outstripped supply.   Already, I have lost ten days of delivery time, and now it looks as if I shall have to try to find another source for the Suwada.l clippers.   <sigh>    I really hope that they turn out to be worthy of the tsouris.

1 1,073
 05-16-2016, 01:51 PM
User Info
I have lots of nail trimming equipment. 

On my bedroom table there is a box of things: nail trimmers, throw away files, etc. 

And on a door opener is a bag of nail file stuff. My rich sister bought me and the others, her 4 boys, an official toe nail trimmer. It probably cost $16 . 00. 

I would like to have nails. But now I find that three of my finger nails get partially chipped. That means I must file that nail. 

So I must cut the nails from time to time. And I must watch them , for some do get chipped.

1 427
 05-25-2016, 02:43 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(05-16-2016, 12:01 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote: I had been lusting after a pair of the Suwada.l stainless (with case) clippers for some time now, for the reasons given above, and was familiar with the pricing of those on Amazon.  The price of the Suwada.l Stainless at Tokyu Hands in late March, translated to dollars, was about $57 or $58, within a dollar or two of the Amazon price, and there was a line at the cashier when I was in the store, so I decided that rather than wait in line, I would just order some from Amazon when I got back to the West Coast.  

Bad idea. 
On April 1, for whatever reason, the price at Amazon jumped close to $15 in one day, to over $70, including shipping, not an April Fool prank.  Figuring that the price might drop just as abruptly some day soon — just as Amazon's price for the Feather AS-D2 razor has fluctuated between $145 and $170 over the last six months — I sat tight and watched the Suwada.l pricing on Amazon closely for five weeks, during which time it held depressingly steady (actually going further up by five or so dollars for a while).  Finally, ten days ago, I bit the bullet, as it were, and ordered through one of the several independent sellers on the Amazon site (Amazon does not fulfill Suwada.l orders directly).  

Today, I got notice from Amazon that the specific seller that I had chosen no longer can obtain this product to sell because some Japanese television program featured the Suwada, and demand has outstripped supply.   Already, I have lost ten days of delivery time, and now it looks as if I shall have to try to find another source for the Suwada.l clippers.   <sigh>    I really hope that they turn out to be worthy of the tsouris.

幸運! I landed a pair:

KAI compound lever: left; Suwada Classic L, in metal case: right 

The main event

1 1,073
 05-28-2016, 11:15 AM
User Info
I'm looking for some nice toenail nippers but until I find some I'm using these. And yes, they are wire cutters for fine wire and they work wonderfully on toenails.  For my finger nails I use a small pair of Trim nail clippers that I've been using over 45 years.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.etsystatic.com%2F00...89.jpg&f=1]

0 11