10-22-2014, 06:10 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Just recently while browsing through my favorite drug store. (Castillion's on Oak St. for those in the New Orleans area. The only drugstore around here I've found to have any semblance of wet shave gear). I spotted a 10 pack of Treet SE blades. I already know they are carbon steel but I decided to give them a shot. I've been using Gem SS blades that I occasionally find in Walgreens but are getting harder to find. I've also used some PTFE's that Shadows Dad sent me. I've tried the Gem Blue Stars which are also carbon steel.

Next shave I loaded one into my trusty Gem J-Bar lather catcher and proceeded to give myself one of the nicest shaves ever. Smooth, close, with NO BLOOD...lol An easy BBS. I did my usual passes and only needed minimal touch ups. My aftershave splash (Barbasol Pacific Rush), which usually comes with a bit of burn, today was smooth with no bite. Almost felt like a splash of Kramperts Finest... (Almost)!!

As most of you know there really aren't many blades to chose from being a Single Edge enthusiast. I think all the SS blades shave well. A new one can get a bit nasty if not careful for the 1st couple of shaves though. The carbon steel Gems I don't really care for. Kind of a tugging sensation. My son-in-law loves them.... Go figure. Well as of now the Treets are my favorite SE blade. What I am looking for here is feedback from my brother L.O.S.E.R.s. Just to see if anyone out there enjoys the Treet blades. Of course it's only one shave in with just one razor. But so far I am liking the smoothness of these blades. Any thoughts? Thanks and of course HAPPY SHAVES !!!

5 1,151
 10-22-2014, 11:00 PM
User Info
I've never used them. Probably because I've never seen them up here.

32 6,445
 10-23-2014, 06:50 AM
User Info
I got a 5 pack of them recently and find them to be just fine. But I do believe they are the same as the blades I get at the local CVS drugstore, just different packaging. Both have the same designation on the spine and shave the same to me.

4 952
 11-01-2014, 05:17 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
8 shaves in and I'm still getting great shaves.

5 1,151