10-23-2014, 05:00 PM
User Info
Guys,
Do anyone know if such thing exist? Ikon SE handle Ink well style stand. I google and can't seem to find anything . I know the diameter of SE handle is about 15mm. I am trying to save counter space. I don't like long tall hanging stands. The other option is to do custom made with Rudy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

THANKS

61 3,072
 10-23-2014, 05:40 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
The INK WELL STAND is made by ATT and will fit the Colossus handle...the hole is 13mm...look under ATT.com or abovethetie.com under stands...the black Ikon stand is 14mm...the only other metal one I know of is Italian Barber RazoRock which has a larger hole and is 1/2 the price of Ikon and about 1/3 the price of ATT...the ATT however is a masterpiece and much larger and heavier...for my larger handles I use 1/2"water pipe couplings and base stands or drill a hole in a fancy block of wood.

6 1,994
 10-24-2014, 02:32 AM
User Info
I looked all ATT, ikon and Italian barber but no one has little over 15mm stand. I will take a trip to Home Depot :-). Thanks

61 3,072
 10-24-2014, 03:32 AM
User Info
The iKon SE handle fits in the IB stand perfectly. You have to check with them to find out which stand it is.

119 13,010
 10-24-2014, 06:04 AM
User Info
I found one stand from IB that has 15mm diameter. is that the one?

61 3,072
 10-24-2014, 06:24 AM
User Info
How does everyone like the ikon SE handle? It looks sweet and was thinking to get one.

11 230
 10-24-2014, 08:45 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
(10-24-2014, 06:04 AM)Cricket203 Wrote: I found one stand from IB that has 15mm diameter. is that the one?
Yes...they have 2 different sizes....you can also use sockets..metric or regular..take your handle to see if they fit.

6 1,994
 10-26-2014, 09:21 AM
User Info
(10-24-2014, 06:24 AM)AngryGreek Wrote: How does everyone like the ikon SE handle? It looks sweet and was thinking to get one.

They are nice, but beware that they look like factory "seconds" (at least the 2 that I received from Bullgoose do). Mine had scuffs, gouges, and dings all over them (basically each section without knurling, including the rings, had damage). I had to do a fair amount of wet-sanding and polishing to get them to look good. Are they all like that? I don't know, but both of mine were, and I saw at least one negative review on Bullgoose citing the same issue. So, be warned.

13 100
 10-26-2014, 09:24 AM
User Info
(10-26-2014, 09:21 AM)Peter_A Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 06:24 AM)AngryGreek Wrote: How does everyone like the ikon SE handle? It looks sweet and was thinking to get one.

They are nice, but beware that they look like factory "seconds" (at least the 2 that I received from Bullgoose do). Mine had scuffs, gouges, and dings all over them (basically each section without knurling, including the rings, had damage). I had to do a fair amount of wet-sanding and polishing to get them to look good. Are they all like that? I don't know, but both of mine were, and I saw at least one negative review on Bullgoose citing the same issue. So, be warned.

Greg at iKon makes good on any purchase that has defects. You should contact him for an exchange.

119 13,010
 10-26-2014, 09:27 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(10-26-2014, 09:21 AM)Peter_A Wrote:

Did you contact vendor upon receipt of handles?

102 18,548
 10-26-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
(10-26-2014, 09:27 AM)Agravic Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 09:21 AM)Peter_A Wrote: They are nice, but beware that they look like factory "seconds" (at least the 2 that I received from Bullgoose do). Mine had scuffs, gouges, and dings all over them (basically each section without knurling, including the rings, had damage). I had to do a fair amount of wet-sanding and polishing to get them to look good. Are they all like that? I don't know, but both of mine were, and I saw at least one negative review on Bullgoose citing the same issue. So, be warned.

Yes, and I did not receive a response. I was, however, able to "fix" them to my satisfaction, so I am fine with them now. Someone else may not have the ability (or desire) to do so. Again, I'm not sure that they're all in this condition, but both of mine were, and someone else's was (from the negative review that I read). Just a heads-up.

13 100
 10-26-2014, 08:34 PM
User Info
Sigh...I don't have the ability is desire to try and fix bad workmanship. I guess I won't take that risk.

11 230
 10-30-2014, 08:37 AM
User Info
FTI : Italian barber 15mm ink stand doesnt fir Ikon SE handle. I tried but failed. Now i have to figure who can drill or shape the Ink stand to make it work for the SE handle. Any idea where i go to do get this done?

Thanks in Advance

61 3,072
 10-30-2014, 08:58 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Just drill the proper size hole in a piece of decorative wood or stone....or use 1/2 water pipe fittings....failing that just slam it into your drywall.

6 1,994
 10-30-2014, 09:02 AM
User Info
I got mine direct from Greg and it was in great condition. His customer service is excellent, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything from him.

3 202
 10-30-2014, 11:20 AM
User Info
[Image: e74fa7ef15ffdaaab4d469cc630768d6.jpg]

Just got the SE handle with IB ink stand. By default the stand didn't work and I had to take the stand to machine shop to adjust The stand hole.
Please don't buy IB stand if you are expecting to fit the SE handle right off the box.

On the other hand IB chrome stand looks beautiful .

61 3,072
 10-31-2014, 06:37 AM
User Info
(10-30-2014, 11:20 AM)Cricket203 Wrote: [Image: e74fa7ef15ffdaaab4d469cc630768d6.jpg]

Just got the SE handle with IB ink stand. By default the stand didn't work and I had to take this to machine shop to adjust SE handle.
Please don't buy IB stand if you are expecting to fit the SE handle right off the box.

On the other hand IB chrome stand looks beautiful .

The iKon SE handle certainly looks very good in that stand. Is it nice and secure? I ask, because of the flared bottom portion of the handle.

Wait, sorry, I just re-read your post. Did you have the handle modified or the stand? You stated, "I had to take this to machine shop to adjust SE handle." I would think (and hope) that the hole in the stand could be enlarged. If you modified the handle, can you post a pic?

13 100
 10-31-2014, 06:39 AM
User Info
My bad sorry, I meant modify the base stand not the handle. The handle is very nicely secure and looks beautiful.

61 3,072
 10-31-2014, 07:14 AM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
Never received any emails from you regarding this.

Care to clarify your false comments posted here ?

(10-26-2014, 10:04 AM)Peter_A Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 09:27 AM)Agravic Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 09:21 AM)Peter_A Wrote: They are nice, but beware that they look like factory "seconds" (at least the 2 that I received from Bullgoose do). Mine had scuffs, gouges, and dings all over them (basically each section without knurling, including the rings, had damage). I had to do a fair amount of wet-sanding and polishing to get them to look good. Are they all like that? I don't know, but both of mine were, and I saw at least one negative review on Bullgoose citing the same issue. So, be warned.

Yes, and I did not receive a response. I was, however, able to "fix" them to my satisfaction, so I am fine with them now. Someone else may not have the ability (or desire) to do so. Again, I'm not sure that they're all in this condition, but both of mine were, and someone else's was (from the negative review that I read). Just a heads-up.

7 243
 10-31-2014, 09:07 AM
User Info
Do I care to clarify my "false" comments? Ahh, I see that your reputation on other forums is well-deserved. In addition to your people-skills, it also looks like you need to improve your reading-comprehension skills...

To the question: "Did you contact vendor upon receipt of handles?," I responded that I did and received no response. I also clearly stated that I bought them from Bullgoose (who is the "vendor," in this case). I intentionally responded to that question about contacting the "vendor," rather than the question about contacting iKon.

So, to make it clear for you, since you appear to have difficulties following a simple thread: I contacted Bullgoose but received no response.

To repeat myself, I purchased two of the SE handles, and both had gouges, scuffs, and dings all over the non-knurled sections. Someone else at Bullgoose posted a review stating the same.

Here is the review on Bullgoose, from "Gary" (not me):
"Shipping was fast, customer service was excellent but the handle left much to be desired. I would have guessed this handle to be a 2nd. There are areas where the handle was not finished with nicks and burrs. This is no fault of BullGoose shaving but the inattention to detail by the manufacturer."

Are they all like this? I don't know, but both of mine were, and apparently, Gary's was, too.

BTW, I have several iKon/ShaveCraft products (2 Deluxe OC 2013, 1 SB 2013, 1 original Slant, 1 ShaveCraft 101, 2 SE handles, 1 "Tuckaway" handle) and have no "ax to grind," so to speak. I was merely stating my experience with a specific product, and since I received 2 of them in a similar condition, and at least one other person did as well, it does not appear to be an aberration.

(10-31-2014, 07:14 AM)iKon Wrote: Never received any emails from you regarding this.

Care to clarify your false comments posted here ?

(10-26-2014, 10:04 AM)Peter_A Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 09:27 AM)Agravic Wrote: Did you contact vendor upon receipt of handles?

13 100