10-28-2014, 04:04 PM
User Info
Great post. I had a shave like that this morning. Lather whipped up almost instantly... Nice scent that I love... New, sharp blade cutting effortlessly. 3 passes with no touch-up needed... My daughter didn't even come knocking on the bathroom door until after I was done. It was a fantastic way to start the day.

0 999
 05-18-2015, 05:22 AM
User Info
When I had attended college some decades ago -- where the curriculum required students to complete philosophy courses as well as modern language requirements (for me, German), ancient language requirements (for me, Latin), humanity and science requirements -- it was said that "to philosophize" means the "stepping out of the work-a-day world" to ask basic questions as to the meaning of life (i.e., purpose for existence) and the ability to determine truth (i.e., process of thought). This article was terrific in that it concisely addresses the attraction to and satisfaction from wet shaving. When I was young, shaving was a chore which one did on a daily basis no different than brushing one's teeth or taking the morning (or evening) shower. Now, however, the wet shaving experience has provided a re-newed excitement to this hygene regiment. I have collected different shaving containers into which I store my rotation of different soaps. I rotate use of my three brushes which, while in many ways alike, are nevertheless quite different. (I use the Shavemac Opus Summum, Simpsons Eagle, and a handmade brush containing silvertip badger; and I am considering the purchase of a boar bristle brush merely to be different since "variety is the spice of life.") This article explains the means -- or, better stated, reasons -- by which the wet shave experience has attraction. Thank you for such insight.

0 43