10-25-2014, 01:34 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Gents my appologies. I just revised the description of the Rudy Vey brush. It is actually a 26mm brush not 24 as I originally wrote and with a 53mm loft not 52. When I checked my records from a couple of years ago this came to light so I am bumping this thread to see if that makes a difference to anyone. If someone is truly interested, there might be some small movement on the price...

**FINAL PRICE DROPS BELOW**

Prices include shipping within North America. Overseas will be a bit more. If you would like tracking it will be $10 more (within North America).

1. Rudy Vey 26mm with a 53mm loft WSP 2 Band Superfine knot. This was from WSP's offering about 3 years ago. At that time their knots were exceptional in my opinion. Soft tips (no scritch) and plenty of backbone with a very solid medium density knot. Denser than most "medium" brushes but it's not uber dense like some others. The handle is really special. It is a resin impregnated Amboyna Burl wood handle in the M7 shape. The resin impregnation makes it quite impervious to water. There are some naturally occurring fissures in the wood that Rudy told me about when I purchased it. This happens with all Amboyna burl and does not compromise the brush in any way at all. A very heavyweight solid handle that looks even better in hand than it does in pictures. I tried to capture the nuances of the color. A very versatile brush great for face lathering as well as the bowl. My price is $160 USD NOW $140 USD. Final drop to $120 **SOLD!!** .

2. Shavemac 26mm brush set at a custom loft of 57mm with their Silvertip (non D01) hair. You can see it here on their site. The handle is their 437 handle style with the very lovely faux tortoise acrylic. One of the most comfortable handles I have ever used. This brush is truly excellent. Very soft tips and sufficient backbone to handle all of my hard soaps (which is all I use.) This was my favorite brush until I stared using Thater brushes. This brush is more designed for bowls or scuttles but can also be used for face lathering. My price is $150 USD NOW $135 USD Final drop to ***SOLD!"*** $120 USD ***SOLD!**.

3. Filarmonica Novodur 13. **SOLD** Ahhhhh the famous Filarmonica razors! My favorites. This one was painstakingly restored by our own Alfredo (Doc226) here on the boards. It was taken apart and completely cleaned up. I wouldn't say it is in perfect condition but it is in quite good shape as you can see in the pictures. The edge is definitely shave ready with only 2 shaves since Alfredo honed it. Absolutely amazing shaves from this razor. Very smooth and comfortable. Exceptionally so. The grind feels a little heavier than the Doble Temples. Not as much flex as other full hollows. I already own 2 other Filis and the shaves are very comparable. I am getting a heavier grind for my next razor so need to make some room. This one is $220 USD NOW $195 USD **SOLD and on its way to New Zealand**.

Pictures to follow.

1. Rudy Vey Amboyna Burl brush.

[Image: cISN7mF.jpg] [Image: OnlQpEG.jpg]
[Image: A0yhMiJ.jpg] [Image: Tt2vLCn.jpg]
[Image: lJqLXvC.jpg]

2. Shavemac Faux Tortoise Silvertip brush.

[Image: OCYG1Ts.jpg] [Image: OHmEtkZ.jpg]
[Image: W1eW7yo.jpg] [Image: pMU2eQR.jpg]

3. Filarmonica Novodur 13.

[Image: eMCnYSU.jpg] [Image: GCfCgau.jpg]
[Image: tx7Sujg.jpg] [Image: JU5S5wD.jpg]

Thanks for looking guys.

14 871
 10-26-2014, 01:00 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
One and only price drop. Bump.

14 871
 10-26-2014, 07:11 PM
User Info
my shavemac looks exactly like that. glws

73 1,296
 10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
One more bump for the very last price drop. No more price drops will occur.

14 871
 10-29-2014, 01:31 PM
User Info
Congrats on the sales Attila. :-)

0 8
 10-29-2014, 01:32 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Thank you Eric. Only one left now! The Rudy Vey brush.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

14 871
 11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Gents my appologies. I just revised the description of the Rudy Vey brush. It is actually a 26mm brush not 24 as I originally wrote and with a 53mm loft not 52. When I checked my records from a couple of years ago this came to light so I am bumping this thread to see if that makes a difference to anyone. If someone is truly interested, there might be some small movement on the price...

14 871