10-27-2014, 03:27 PM
User Info
ML and I celebrated our 31st anniversary. We went to our camp for a little R & R - Romance and Relaxation.

Fall foliage was over up there. The leaves are down and the vernacular is "stick season".
[Image: NwdJXpf.jpg]

I gave ML some pen related items.
[Image: H1OUCii.jpg]

First up is DeAtramentis "Sherlock Holmes" ink. Lately ML has been into Mr Holmes spurred by the BBC "Sherlock" and CBS "Elementary" series. She started reading the A Conan Doyle originals. She loved the ink bottle. It is a blue black and a little dark for her tastes but that is okay.
[Image: HZC6NTY.jpg]

Next was something to put the ink in for her growing ink well collection. The TWSBI Diamond 50 inkwell. The sides are faceted and it is sharp looking.
[Image: Kw5OMqi.jpg]

It has a blue (other colors available) anodized adapter with a straw......
[Image: IocZw2W.jpg]

.... and a port.
[Image: dK6kV6X.jpg]

It is designed to work with the TWSBI 5XX and Mini pens. I gave ML a 580.
[Image: xNUpIIW.jpg]

The front end of the pens detaches and you slide it onto the port. Then turn the back of the pen to draw ink into the body.
[Image: NArOeDQ.jpg]

It works like a charm. No muss, no fuss - just a full pen quick and easy. Goulet says any international converter will fit on the port. The inkwell also came with a little graduated adapter to make filling through the nib easier.

A tip of the hat to Brian who showed his Mini and Vac in this THREAD
and to Freddy who said filling a demonstrator is like getting a new pen. That's where ML got the idea she would like a demonstrator.

Phil

7 363
 10-29-2014, 10:01 AM
User Info
Happy Anniversary, Phil! Smile

82 21,056
 10-29-2014, 12:43 PM
User Info
Happy anniversary y'all! I love that inkwell. I've been tempted by them for awhile now as I love how clean and simple the filling is with them. Brilliant!

31 8,056
 10-31-2014, 12:29 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Happy Anniversary Phil and Mary Lou. Smile

I have one of those TWSBI ink wells and they are brilliant. I use it for my J. Herbin Rouille d'Ancre ink. While I really like J. Herbin inks, their bottles are awful for trying to fill a fountain pen after the second or third time. Transferring the ink into one of TWSBI's ink wells makes filling a pen a joy.

2 11,211
 11-01-2014, 03:11 AM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
Happy anniversary!

2 286