10-27-2014, 08:47 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Thanks for taking the time to look, these items are looking for for a loving home... all the brushes, razors have been well cared for and pampered, polished and almost not used! lol sad, I know... my goal is to move these items as they're not getting the attention they honestly deserve. This is slightly picture heavy to help spur the decisions along Smile

All items are through PayPal, US only (sincere apologies, as I can't spend the time for intl as the wait at the post office is close to an hour most times).
No trades at this time.

Brushes from left to right
1. SOLD Tipsoft - Blonde Badger 2 band, 26mm Knot x 53mm Loft - $75 USD -
This is a Gel Tipped hair type, dries in clumps and is hard/crunchy as I believe the others do as well. This is Tipsoft's initial offering from this past summer, handles turned in Turkey and assembled there. The hair is sourced from China, a quality of the hair is that its very thin and very dense knot. So the hair on this is very soft when its wet, moderate backbone with the Gel Tips which is very pleasant sensation. NOTE: brush sheds, sometimes none sometimes several, they say will stop over time as the hair is very thin and packed into the knot, its brother below more of less stopped below

2. SOLD Tipsoft - High Mountain White 3 band, 26mm Knot x 51mm Loft - $80 USD ==> Reduced $70 USD
Three banded luxury, very nice knot, hooked tips when dry, read a review its akin to D01 3Band but haven't experienced that before so cannot compare. This is also from Tipsoft's initial offering from this past summer, handles turned in Turkey and assembled there. The hair is sourced from China, a quality of the hair is that its very thin and very dense knot, I believe the HMW may be denser than the Blond Badger as it provides a slight rougher scrubbing sensation, great for face lathering and feel to be honest. NOTE: brush sheds as well but has slowed down significantly as the creators said it would and maybe loses a few hairs every other use or so, so it should eventually stop as they say as regular use continues.

** Each Simpson Brush purchase will include a new tube of Simpson ASB, more than one Simpson brush I can include a can of their unscented cream or their Pre-Shave Oil **
3. WITHDRAWN Simpson (Somerset) Emperor 3 Super - 22mm Knot x 55mm Loft - $165 USD
Bought as NOS in excellent condition with box, hand lathered 1x, Simpson logo is Lamp blackened onto the handle. From the hand lather its supremely soft, excellent for bowl lathering but my preferences is moving towards 2 bands and its a shame to keep a NOS brush if I'm not displaying it, also during the hand lather there was zero shedding. If you run your fingers along the brush handle you can faintly feel the ridges along the body which you can infer as a result of the lathing process, not incredibly old but a lot of history and character to me. My favorite actually as I really like the Emperor handle shape.... (I've never used Super Badger from this time period so I can only guess, but to the palm feel its so delicate feeling).. comes with the box

4. SOLD Simpson (Somerset) Persian Jar 3 Super - 25mm Knot x 55mm Loft - $185 USD
Bought as NOS as well as the E3 above, never used only held, the knot and hair coloration I think is the prettiest on this really can see the white tips of the brush. Its a thick secure and solid feeling handle shape. Same as the E3 where you can feel the lathing rings along the narrow waist portion of the handle. The knot is significantly denser feeling than the E3 above so this should provide excellent backbone with the same soft Super badger... (I've never used Super Badger from this time period so I can only guess, but to the palm feel its so delicate feeling).. comes with the box

4. SOLD Simpson Polo 8 Super Two Band - 25mm Knot x 55mm Loft - $180 USD
Prior generation 2 banded Super from Simpsons, this is a very soft brush but not as soft as the current offering. Handle is of course the Polo series so this is the smallest of them. Very little splay due to its bulb shape, but I've taken to use my M7 and Tulip 3 so this is sort of excess and those who prefer larger handles. I'm the 2nd owner of this great brush.. excellent knot and shape I must say. Polo etching is in block print which I haven't seen on those posted the last several months... comes with the box

7. SOLD Pils 101NE Razor - $210 USD, included pack of Timor blades & Simpsons Pre-shave oil. Excellent condition as you can see below, I'm a nut and polish it every once in a while.

thanks for looking through the post!

35 1,329
 10-27-2014, 09:54 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Gawd! The Emperor is my favorite Simpson handle by far and to be a Somerset as well! The Tipsofts are gorgeous too and if I was only better off.......... to dream, alas...

7 2,327
 10-28-2014, 01:02 AM
User Info
i didnt know the emperor had a small knot, otherwise i wouldve been on it

31 737
 10-28-2014, 04:58 AM
User Info
GLWTS...Pils is an amazing razor.. daily razor

61 3,072
 10-28-2014, 05:26 AM
  • kiruiz
  • Boellis Man
  • San Juan PR
User Info
Sr.
My name is kenneth.
I am interested on the tipsoft.
You are the only owner?
Tips are soft like the thaters?

Thanks
Kenneth

21 209
 10-28-2014, 05:37 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
(10-28-2014, 05:26 AM)kiruiz Wrote: Sr.
My name is kenneth.
I am interested on the high mountain softtip.
Can you send me your paypal address?
You are the only owner?
Tips are soft like the thaters?

Thanks
Kenneth

hi Kenneth,
we'll take this via PM if the intent is to purchase.

Hi All, thanks for the kind words. Its always a matter of timing right! Facepalm

The handle to the E3 is incredibly comfortable as I've held a current E2 and its very close its not as thick as the E3 Somerset handle. I was surprised by the knot size as well, but during the palm lather it holds so much lather and the flow through seems to be very very good.. but your talking about a classic brush with a lot of character!

35 1,329
 10-28-2014, 07:27 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Beautiful brushes, if I hadn't recently acquired an E3 Super I'd definitely grab that one. GLWTS!

26 4,928
 10-28-2014, 07:46 AM
User Info
(10-28-2014, 05:37 AM)refles Wrote: The handle to the E3 is incredibly comfortable as I've held a current E2 and its very close its not as thick as the E3 Somerset handle. . .

Yes, I've always thought it was a mistake to go super-model skinny on these Emperor handles rather than leave them as they were. IMO, this is the much preferable handle shape. GLWTS.

29 1,776
 10-30-2014, 03:56 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Knocked the price of the Tipsoft down $10 and only the Somerset Simpson E3 Super remain! both looking for a good home Smile

35 1,329
 11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Thanks for looking, withdrawing the E3 to put it back into the collection. All items sold thank you TSN and Buyers!

35 1,329