10-29-2014, 09:12 AM
  • schnebbs
  • relapsed brush addict
  • chicago
User Info
http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/shop/land...msung.aspx

i've loved mont blanc pens for years... even though i hide/forget where mine is on a semi-regular basis. so now i'm looking at a new one that would get decidedly more use,
especially if i can use it on my new phone. just wondering if there were any other note 4 owners out there that have seen or used these new full-size "pens" yet?

cheers!

1 43
 10-29-2014, 09:17 AM
User Info
Wow. Electronic nibs. That just seems really strange but wondrous.

206 12,188
 10-29-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
(10-29-2014, 09:17 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Wow. Electronic nibs. That just seems really strange but wondrous.

+1 Also, can you imagine? You will never have ink spills! Biggrin

82 21,056
 10-31-2014, 11:05 AM
  • schnebbs
  • relapsed brush addict
  • chicago
User Info
well, it's a crappy day outside (snow? on halloween? welcome to chicago...) so i decided to take a long lunch and swung buy the mont blanc store to check out the pens for myself...

not what i was expecting, especially considering the price point. they're made out of resin, so they're SUPER lightweight, almost to the point of feeling cheap. my original intent was to try the pix model,
and the sales woman strongly suggested that i refrain from placing the cap on the back of the pen... "because it can crack" was her explanation. honestly, there's something just not kosher about a $350
pen that cracks when you put the cap on the back. (if it were $3.50, then i'd be a bit more forgiving.) but without the cap as ballast on the end, i found the pen too short and not much more comfortable
than the s pen that came with my phone.

i also tried the starwalker model, and though it had a bit more heft (due to the screw mount on the back for attaching the cap) it was still a resin build and felt insubstantial was a writer. and that was at a
$525 price point.

so here's a new question: has anyone had any experience with the *cough*similiar*cough* chinese baoer pens? their model 79 is almost a dead ringer for the starwalker... and makes me wonder if i could
feasibly buy a $5 pen, and pick up the stylus "cartridges" from mont blanc and use them in the baoer body?

ah, this must be what they mean by "first world problems"... Undecided

1 43