11-01-2014, 08:28 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
For any of you NOOKERS who use the STANDARD razor (or any razor with a 1/2" handle they have a very cool 2 way loading stand....straight up or sideways in the matte silver or black...quite heavy and very well made...going for $25 or only $10 if you buy it with a razor....great idea and built like a tank....(13mm)...it does fit specifically the STANDARD with the smooth non flared base upright and I,m sure most anything else sideways...all metal.

6 1,994
 11-01-2014, 10:39 AM
  • Jack
  • Old School
  • Long Island
User Info
Thanx Harvey ....love the razors ( I have both finishes ) and the stand will definitely enhance my counter.

0 165
 11-01-2014, 10:55 AM
User Info
I like the wide profile of the stands. Thanks for sharing Harvey.

119 13,010
 11-01-2014, 11:03 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
It's a smart design, but it has received some negative feedback on other forums by people who think it's a waste. The idea of being able to lay your razor on its side while shaving or storing is an excellent idea. Also, I live in earthquake country so standing items up has its perils during an earthquake.

12 605
 11-01-2014, 01:30 PM
User Info
(11-01-2014, 11:03 AM)Entasis Wrote: It's a smart design, but it has received some negative feedback on other forums by people who think it's a waste. The idea of being able to lay your razor on its side while shaving or storing is an excellent idea. Also, I live in earthquake country so standing items up has its perils during an earthquake.

Yes but you can also lay it on its side without the stand, can you not? I kind of see stands as a major waste, but I do appreciate and understand that not everyone feels the same way obviously.

11 489
 11-01-2014, 02:52 PM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-01-2014, 01:30 PM)Banes_Pubes Wrote: Yes but you can also lay it on its side without the stand, can you not? I kind of see stands as a major waste, but I do appreciate and understand that not everyone feels the same way obviously.

I place my razors into rotation, and currently have the BBS-1 along side my SE razors. I like to take apart my razors (when I can) after each shave to clean, dry, and lubricate both the blade and the razor for the next shave that might be a ways off. When I store my DE I put the head assembly loosely together with the blade so this horizontal layout—with the head assembly suspended—is a great idea for me.

12 605