11-04-2014, 05:58 PM
  • lowjax
  • I can customize myself
  • Milwaukee, WI
User Info
I guess this isn't really a feedback issue as much as a general forum question. I know often different forums have different views on searching vs resurrecting threads. Some places it "did you search for it???" and other places it's "holy old thread, Batman". What is the typical process here?

If I find a thread on a soap or razor that is 3 months old and no one has talked about it, should I bring it up if I am interested or start a new thread about the same thing. The old one may be 10 pages back or so.

I know it's not a big deal, just wondering what the status quo was here.

1 47
 11-04-2014, 06:17 PM
User Info
A very good question.

My view, regardless of the forum, if the old thread is exactly what I'm asking, then I see nothing wrong with bringing an old one back to life.

I would think most people, like myself, look at "new posts", so those old threads become new again. Biggrin

21 555
 11-04-2014, 09:38 PM
User Info
I enjoy zombie threads. They can be funny when one is mistakenly answering a question that is no longer relevant. However, in many cases the information is still quite relevant and it makes sense to post in a thread even if it's been quiet for some time.

31 8,058
 11-04-2014, 10:02 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Jeff, if you find a topic you are interested in and you have questions or comments, by all means bring it back to life. The threads are not closed, they are just on the back burner so to speak.

179 23,946
 11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
  • lowjax
  • I can customize myself
  • Milwaukee, WI
User Info
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

1 47
 11-07-2014, 09:59 PM
User Info
(11-04-2014, 09:38 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I enjoy zombie threads. They can be funny when one is mistakenly answering a question that is no longer relevant. However, in many cases the information is still quite relevant and it makes sense to post in a thread even if it's been quiet for some time.

+1 Biggrin

83 21,115