11-08-2014, 02:37 PM
User Info
I just came to think of it, Musgo real used to get a lot o hype, but the hype has phased out and I hear very little about this great cream lately.

I want to let people know that this is an awesome product.

The lanolin in it cause skin irritation for some, and I personally can not tolerate using it for every shave, but since I rotate between 88 creams and 36 soaps anyway, it's not a concern for me Smile

But If only it came in a nicer looking presentation, this cream could compete with Xpec, MDC and Acqua di Parma if you ask me.

I get excellent slickness from Musgo real, excellent thick lather, very nice glide, find skin protection and the post shave feel is awesome too.

It lathers with ease and can be used without a brush too.

It's relatively inexpensive and comes in 6 scent variations.

What's not to like and enjoy about Musgo Real if your skin allows you to enjoy it Biggrin

24 5,846
 11-08-2014, 03:55 PM
User Info
I love this fragrance and the performance is truly exceptional.
Unfortunately, this is one of the few products that irritate my skin. Unfortunately...

17 908
 11-08-2014, 05:48 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I'm going to use my Oak Moss this week for the first time... Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 2,552
 11-08-2014, 06:08 PM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
I don't mind Musgo Real shave cream at all. Works very well as you say.

Bob

0 1,694
 11-08-2014, 07:14 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
A very good cream, although one can't always hit the sweet spot... Sometimes a few extra drops of water make a big difference.

26 4,896
 11-09-2014, 12:32 AM
User Info
I wanted to love it, but it irritates my skin as well.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

0 163
 11-09-2014, 06:07 PM
User Info
I love it. When I first got into the wet shaving online community back in '09 MR was the talk of the boards. It seems to have fallen out of vogue but through no fault of its own. The original scent is very nostalgic for me.

84 1,505
 11-09-2014, 06:27 PM
User Info
(11-08-2014, 02:37 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I just came to think of it, Musgo real used to get a lot o hype, but the hype has phased out and I hear very little about this great cream lately.

The lanolin in it cause skin irritation for some, and I personally can not tolerate using it for every shave, but since I rotate between 88 creams and 36 soaps anyway, it's not a concern for me Smile

But If only it came in a nicer looking presentation, this cream could compete with Xpec, MDC and Acqua di Parma if you ask me.

I get excellent slickness from Musgo real, excellent thick lather, very nice glide, find skin protection and the post shave feel is awesome too.

What's not to like and enjoy about Musgo Real if your skin allows you to enjoy it Biggrin

You only have 88 creams and 36 soaps. You really need to start adding to your nook!!! LOL

0 295
 11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
User Info
Something in it irritates my skin. Easily one of my favorite scents however.

15 771
 11-09-2014, 07:00 PM
User Info
(11-08-2014, 02:37 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I just came to think of it, Musgo real used to get a lot o hype, but the hype has phased out and I hear very little about this great cream lately.

You only have 88 creams and 36 soaps. You really need to start adding to your nook!!! LOL

0 295
 11-09-2014, 11:50 PM
User Info
I like it. The scent is good, but a bit strong for my nose (common complaint by me). Despite that the performance is there and I like and use it.

32 6,445
 11-10-2014, 03:19 AM
User Info
Just love the good 'n' old Musgo Real cream... Heart

2 5,545
 11-10-2014, 04:38 AM
User Info
I placed an order with Garry for some samples and this was among the lot I ordered. I've wanted to try it for some time now. I'm glad its finally on its way.

6 589
 11-10-2014, 05:30 AM
User Info
Loved the scent & consistency, adore their classic aftershave. But it burned me intensely like everything I've ever tried with lanolin, including the famed wool fat stuff. Linalool for some reason doesn't do it, lanolin always does.

0 72
 11-10-2014, 09:42 AM
User Info
(11-09-2014, 11:50 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: I like it. The scent is good, but a bit strong for my nose (common complaint by me). Despite that the performance is there and I like and use it.

You know you can get it in 6 different scents, right ?

The original scent is a bit strong grassy/vetiver like with that old barbershop feel to it.

The new scnets are milder and imho also very nice.

I own and enjoy all 6 Musgo real creams.
If I stopped buying new products tomorrow, I could do excellent with my 6 Musgo Real creams, my Acqua di Parma, my Xpec and my 3 jars of MDC.

BUT I must admit, that if I use Musgo real 2-3 days in a row, I can react a bit to it, so for me it's only something I like to use once or twice a month - but every single time I use it (and not two times in a row) I say to myself: "God, this stuff is EXCELLENT, just always give me a fantastic lather, protection, cushion and slickenss"

Surpriser over how many guys react to this stuff, maybe this is why it's not more popular......hmmmm

I also get a reaction to this if I use it on a daily basis, but as I have told many times before I own 80+ creams and 35+ soaps now, so I rotate endlessly..........

But Musgo real is in my Top 3 best shaving creams.......that's for sure.

24 5,846
 11-10-2014, 10:29 AM
User Info
I have a few samples. Maybe I need to line a couple up this week...

1 184
 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
User Info
I rate MR cream (I've only tried original) at or near the top of all the soaps and creams I've used. Fresh green scent, slick and protective and leaves my face feeling great. I think it's a little pricey for only 100g however..

I must admit though that once I opened the tube I think I went right through it without using anything else. Great stuff.

0 150
 11-10-2014, 03:43 PM
User Info
Even though I may be Portuguese, I just don't enjoy the scent as I find it a tad synthetic and over-powering. BlushBiggrin

82 21,056
 11-10-2014, 03:58 PM
User Info
(11-10-2014, 05:30 AM)kwigibocity Wrote: Loved the scent & consistency, adore their classic aftershave. But it burned me intensely like everything I've ever tried with lanolin, including the famed wool fat stuff. Linalool for some reason doesn't do it, lanolin always does.

Linalool and lanolin are completely different things. Do not confuse these two.

Linalool is of vegetable origin, an alcohol, a small aromatic compound that is part of several essential oils and fragrances, both natural or synthetic.
Lanolin is the famous wool fat (more accurately, a wax), extracted from the sheep's wool.

2 5,545
 11-10-2014, 08:40 PM
User Info
(11-10-2014, 03:43 PM)celestino Wrote: Even though I may be Portuguese, I just don't enjoy the scent as I find it a tad synthetic and over-powering. BlushBiggrin

Celestino, my friend, have you tried the 5 other scents ?

24 5,846