11-16-2014, 09:07 AM
User Info
All these brushes have been used less than 5X,They are all in like new condition & have all been purchased from dealers,I'm the only owner.I accept paypal & only ship to the lower 48 states.All prices include shipping.I'm sorry but no trades at this time.....
WSP large stubby high mountain white.....$135

[Image: e8vi6dg.jpg]
[Image: 2YjuM8b.jpg]

Volfex-40S silvertip........$140 this brush has never been used only deskunked!
[Image: EhCfjbv.jpg]
[Image: BG5Vkej.jpg]

Simpson Chubby 3 in super badger......$260,a small part of the insignia fell off but that doesn't effect the brush itself,the brush is still in immaculate shape.
[Image: SnGZa6r.jpg]
[Image: Mml5EvJ.jpg]

Rooney Heritage Beehive in super badger......$140 another brush that has never been used only deskunked!<<<<<<< BRUSH HAS BEEN SOLD >>>>>>>>>>
[Image: secTlKO.jpg]
[Image: LVbAQkH.jpg]

Rooney Heritage Stubby 3 in super badger.......$210
[Image: MA4MXkX.jpg][Image: yAfCK2P.jpg]

Thanks for looking.....Ernie

20 441
 11-16-2014, 08:28 PM
User Info
I'm gonna have to get one of those beehives one of these days. I'm just shy of being willing to sell off a Shavemac I really like and a Simpson's Duke 3 to grab this one.

BTW what does "Heritage Collection" refer to? Do they have different traits than other Rooney brushes, or is that what all Rooney brushes go by these days?

15 145
 11-17-2014, 07:17 AM
User Info
I'm not quite sure of the answer to your question.All I can tell you is that most places selling the Rooney brand that I'm awear of are sold as the Heritage collection.Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will jump in on this!

20 441
 11-17-2014, 07:27 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I'm no expert (see my title) but I believe that the "standard" Rooney line is more of a commodity-type brush, which may or may not be manufactured in England or the U.K. The "standard" line is limited to styles 1, 2 and 3 in the different sizes. Everything I've read or heard about them is still very good. They also use the "script" Rooney logo.

The Heritage line is more of an artisan line. I'm reasonably sure these are hand-tied in the U.K. possibly by a very well-known brush artisan. They use an altogether different grade of hair, and are, from what I've read and experienced, truly top-notch brushes.

Please don't interpret this as any sort of knowledgeable or authoritative statement. (Again, see my title.) The whole "Where are Rooney brushes made?" issue has been the subject of some serious debate on many threads across many different shaving forums. The company is very secretive. However, I do believe there are fundamental differences in the Heritage line. I don't believe you will find Rooney style 1, 2 or 3 in Heritage, nor will you find a "standard" Rooney in Beehive, Emillion, Stubby, etc.

(11-17-2014, 07:17 AM)stickbow46 Wrote: I'm not quite sure of the answer to your question.All I can tell you is that most places selling the Rooney brand that I'm awear of are sold as the Heritage collection.Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will jump in on this!

Vintage blades has both "Rooney" brushes and "Rooney Heritage" brushes. They seem to treat them as two completely different manufacturers, although I'm pretty sure they are at least shipped from the same place. Also, they haven't had any of their "Rooney Heritage" in stock (to my knowledge) since December of 2013, as I purchased literally the last one I saw on there. (I check back once a month or so, and haven't seen any listed.) They have gotten a few shipments of the "Rooney" line in since then, and seem to have a pretty regular stock of each size and style.

22 828
 11-17-2014, 03:54 PM
User Info
Thanks guys. Chamm that was very helpful. I appreciate it.

15 145
 11-17-2014, 03:55 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
(11-17-2014, 03:54 PM)Technium Wrote: Thanks guys. Chamm that was very helpful. I appreciate it.

Hey now... Watch what you're saying! I've got a reputation to uphold! Laughing1

22 828
 11-17-2014, 10:48 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Guys, Heritage is a different line than standard Rooneys and there are differences in the Heritage line as well. The three rings around the handle denote that it is of the "XL" variety. The differences are of hair density and brush size. A regular Stubby 3 has one ring and is a 26mm wide knot, an "XL" 3 again has three rings and is a 30mm wide knot. I have a Stubby 3 and it has one ring and is 26mm. But please confirm as I am no expert.

7 2,327
 11-18-2014, 07:41 PM
User Info
(11-17-2014, 10:48 PM)Mouser Wrote: Guys, Heritage is a different line than standard Rooneys and there are differences in the Heritage line as well. The three rings around the handle denote that it is of the "XL" variety. The differences are of hair density and brush size. A regular Stubby 3 has one ring and is a 26mm wide knot, an "XL" 3 again has three rings and is a 30mm wide knot. I have a Stubby 3 and it has one ring and is 26mm. But please confirm as I am no expert.

Ah. This would only apply to some of them though, right? I can't picture three rings around that beautiful beehive for instance, or does that just not come in an XL? Also is XL a jump beyond a 3?

15 145