11-10-2017, 12:31 AM
User Info
As Mick the knife in too many bloody encounters I find the powder works better and is less painful than the other nostra (nostrums).

I have considered a tourniquet but could not decide where to apply it.

Mickey

0 64
 Yesterday, 12:21 AM
User Info
(10-02-2016, 01:47 PM)GreeneMD Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 07:03 AM)EJaggerMan Wrote: Man I needed one yesterday. Got the brilliant idea to try and shave a bit of hair off the back of the neck with a shavette. I dug that blade right into my neck and and put a cut the entire length of the blade in. Painful and deep and thank god after 5 minutes the styptic pencil stopped it. Still painful but no blood.

OUCH! Once I read shavette and the back of you neck and I began to cringe. I wish I had a stypic pencil 35+ years ago when I first start shaving. Would have been better than TP on my face.

I had a styptic pencil when I first started wet/traditional shaving a little over 5 years ago. 
First shave was a bloody mess. Pencil did nothing but burn. I started to look for a rope and a stick to make a tourniquet.
Thought better about that decision.  Pressure did the job but took a long time. A about a Year ago I discovered a powdered styptic.It comes in a little tubular bottle.
Turn it upside down. Give it a little shake. Remove the cap and press opening lightly against fatal wound. Repeat if necessary.
Very little sting and works quickly. It is called  Infalab Magic Touch Nick Relief Powder.

Mickey

0 64