11-17-2014, 02:38 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
OK, I admit it. I'm a bit of a hoarder. I've been wet shaving for a long while, and have made plenty of trades. But I hate selling stuff, even when I desperately need to a) clear up space and b) raise some money for bills. So it is with a heavy heart that I list my babies for sale. Sad

OK, I've had my cry, now onto the fire sale! In all of my pricing, I've done my level best to either price them at the cost at which I obtained them, or the lowest retail price I could find on the Internet, (whichever is lower) minus 10-20%. CONUS shipping is included in all prices, and I will gladly ship overseas if the buyer covers the difference between domestic and international shipping.

Of course, if any of my prices are off, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM and let me know.

I'll start out simple. I have an ATT R2 baseplate that I would like to trade even-steven for an R1. I just prefer the SB in the ATT line. There are no problems whatsoever with the R2. TRADED
[Image: th_cb415297-b181-4f48-add0-058ae5bb9310_zps3c4170ac.png]

Brushes:
[Image: BrushesWeb_zpsd26407e8.jpg]

1. Frank Shaving Pur Tech Synthetic in butterscotch - $45. 28mm x 54mm knot, 4th generation synthetic fiber. (Same as Mühle STF 2.0) I really like this handle shape, and the "hair" is absolutely as soft as you could possibly imagine in any shaving brush using any type of hair. I believe this is pretty close in dimensions and size to the Simpsons CH2 synthetic, and it uses the exact same hair. It has been used fewer than 10 times, it has never shed (do synthetics even shed?) and apart from some slight logo wear, functions as new. If you've ever been curious about the Simpsons CH2 synthetic, but didn't want to pony up $115, now is your chance!
  2. Omega 346235 Rossini Synthetic - $30. 25mm x 57mm. I believe this is the latest Omega Hi-Synth, which is 3rd generation synthetic. The tips are very, very soft, but the backbone is quite a bit stiffer than STF. Probably a great brush for a bowl latherer, but for my face, it just flicks shaving foam all over my bathroom. Used less than 5 times, in like-new condition.
  3. SOLD Semogue Barbear Classico "Cerda" Limited Edition - $25. This is a fine brush, but I have decided that I don't care much for most boars. This is still probably well within the break-in period. Fewer than 20 uses total. It has great backbone, and the handle shape is very ergonomic.
  4. Semogue 830 Boar - $22. 22mm x 55mm. Another great boar brush. Fewer than 20 uses.
  5. Ever-Ready C40 Restore - $26. I don't know the exact specs on this knot, but visually, it looks to be about 20mm. I also don't know who made the knot, but it is a very nice, soft silvertip. The handle has been weighted, and it has a really good heft to it. The knot has excellent flow-through.
  6. DaVinci UOMO 293 - $120. 22mm x 55mm. This is a wonderfully soft premium brush from Germany. This a top-shelf brush that is hand-tied with a very high-grade silvertip that has unbelievable flow-through. It has a unique, very ergonomic handle shape. The knot is not a super-dense brush, so has no scritch or scratch, and quickly whips up an excellent lather.

Razors:
    [Image: RazorsFrontWeb_zpse1d3bd55.jpg~original]
    [Image: RazorsTop2Web_zps5d8cf027.jpg~original]
  7. SOLD NOS Gillette Grooming Set - $40. Set is made in England, with an English Tech, aluminum handle. Every indication is that it has never been used. Everything is in pristine condition. There is what appears to be an Apollo logo on the front of the set. I don't know if it's just a generic "greek" picture, or if it was some sort of joint venture between Gillette and Apollo. The leather is in excellent shape, no visible cracking or wear.
  8. "Standard Razor Co. Made in Germany" open comb - $70. I have tried to find a little background on this razor, but have come up empty. It is a unique design in that the baseplate is flat. The machine work is top-notch, and it produces a smooth, very mild shave. The razor itself is in excellent condition, with no plate loss. There are some minor dents on the inside of the baseplate, but nothing that would have any effect whatsoever on the shave, nor are they even visible when the razor is assembled.
  9. SOLD Mühle R89 - $33. Excellent shaver, used once, in like-new condition.
  10. SOLD Parker 24c Open Comb - $25. Never used, no flaws. Beautiful handle.
  11. PENDING Matador "Capa Azul" open comb - $20. I have never used this razor, however, the blue coloring has flaked off a tiny bit around the top collar, so I discounted a little more. This razor comes with a really nice wooden presentation box.
  12. Cased Gillette Single-Ring two piece - $30. This came to me with the handle completely split from end-to-end. (The online auction seller was dishonest about its condition, so I overpaid. Sad) But when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! Using nothing more than my wits, some silver solder, and a giant toolbox full of tools, I made a very high quality and permanent repair to the crack. I used silver solder rather than the standard epoxy for the repair, so not only is it going to be much stronger, it'll also take on electroplating just like brass. The teeth are absolutely straight, and it is a really nice example of a 1920's single ring.
  13. SOLD Stahly Liveblade - $25. If you know me, you know I have a weakness for gadgety, gimmicky razors. This one is as gadgety as they come, and I'm sad to see it go. Sadly, I just don't ever have the occasion to use it. The vibrating mechanism is in perfect working condition, vibrates for approximately two minutes. No visible cosmetic flaws.
  14. Laurel Safety Razor - $45. This is a really interesting piece. First off, the baseplate is made from a significant chunk of solid brass, giving the razor a really hefty feeling. It was made in Sheffield, so the quality is absolutely superb. Unfortunately, these were made to take proprietary blades. But I'll let you in on a little secret: The only part that necessitates the proprietary blade is the top cap. Furthermore, I've found that you can take any old Gillette Tech or NEW top cap, and it fits onto the razor as if it were made for it! It works absolutely perfectly and provides a really nice feeling mild to moderate shave that is, in a good way, unlike any razor I have ever tried.
  15. SOLD Neillite Four-Hundred - $15. Don't go calling it a 400, now! It's a four hundred! I have no idea why. This is a pretty cool and unique bakelite razor in very good condition. I've heard it described as extremely aggressive, although I didn't find that to be the case for myself. It was designed such that one side is supposed to be more aggressive than the other. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which!
  16. SOLD Merkur 37c Slant - $45. I purchased this guy about 6 months ago, and I have used it exactly once. It is absolutely like-new. Honestly, it gave me a terrific shave, but I got the larger handled 39c, and just never reached for this one again.

So that's it. I cherish all of my shaving items, and I'm hoping to give each of these a nice, loving new home. Again, if any of the prices are off, please let me know. I did a cursory search for each and every item listed, but that doesn't guarantee that I didn't miss something.

If you'd like any additional details, or would like to see better, more detailed pictures of any of the items listed, please don't hesitate to contact me. Also, I will gladly entertain any trade offers.

Thanks for looking, and have a great week!

22 828
 11-17-2014, 03:05 PM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 469
 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
  • Rudy
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
  • A Galaxy Far Far Away
User Info
Whoever bought the Cerda got lucky. Great price for a great brush.

0 7
 11-18-2014, 08:20 AM
User Info
Craig,
This is one of the most clearly described and presented B/S/T ads I have ever seen.
Well done.
GLWTS.

39 3,919
 11-18-2014, 08:25 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
(11-18-2014, 08:20 AM)primotenore Wrote: Craig,
This is one of the most clearly described and presented B/S/T ads I have ever seen.
Well done.
GLWTS.

Blush

Thank you for the compliment. It has never been said that I'm known for my brevity. Laughing1

22 828
 11-18-2014, 08:32 AM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
+1 Yup, I agree with Primo - very well presented, and good stuff, too. Plus I have traded with chamm, and he does what he says he's gonna do!

29 330
 11-18-2014, 11:05 AM
User Info
Great items chamm . GLWTS

61 3,072
 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM
User Info
I'd be more than happy to trade my R1 for your R2! Been wanting to try out an R2 for a while now.

11 489
 11-18-2014, 02:08 PM
User Info
omg. will you have anything left in your den after this sale! Good luck

22 187
 11-18-2014, 08:18 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
(11-18-2014, 02:08 PM)bebo8 Wrote: omg. will you have anything left in your den after this sale! Good luck

Oh man... You have no idea... Laughing1 I have a tough time letting things go. Even though none of these items are in my regular rotation, there will still be tear stains on each and every item... Sad

Also, I've tried updating the pictures to reflect the sold items, but Photobucket isn't being cooperative. The listing is correct, and I'm looking for a new image host that lets me correctly update hotlinked pictures...

22 828
 11-18-2014, 09:57 PM
User Info
I hear YA man. It ain't easy but you just gotta let go Wink

22 187
 11-19-2014, 07:15 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Finally was able to update the photos to reflect sold items.

22 828
 11-21-2014, 05:16 PM
User Info
I have the travel case almost exactly like that one and it is fantastic on the road. I use everything in it, the light Tech seems to be perfect on the road with a good blade.

13 246
 11-21-2014, 05:18 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I was wondering if there was any Apollo branding on it. The logo on the front looks like the Apollo logo, and I can't find mention anywhere of a Gillette logo that looks like that.

Eh... He looks more like a Spartan than a Greek... Maybe a Trojan. I don't know, I'm an IT guy who studied music...

22 828
 12-25-2014, 09:49 AM
User Info
allanbowman@rogers.comHello: Sorry for calling @ Xmas. Would be interested in #10...the Parker.
Shipping would be to Toronto, Canada. Will of course pay for shipping once amount is determined by you.
Thanks in advance.

1 6
 12-25-2014, 10:09 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....the Spartans had beards (usually without a mustache) and long hair....plus the helmet is wrong....

(11-21-2014, 05:18 PM)chamm Wrote: I was wondering if there was any Apollo branding on it. The logo on the front looks like the Apollo logo, and I can't find mention anywhere of a Gillette logo that looks like that.

Eh... He looks more like a Spartan than a Greek... Maybe a Trojan. I don't know, I'm an IT guy who studied music...

45 1,066
 12-29-2014, 06:38 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
...Craig,
... I tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full..

45 1,066
 12-29-2014, 06:44 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Thanks for the heads-up! I cleared out some space, please re-send. :-)

22 828
 12-30-2014, 10:33 PM
User Info
Just wanted to comment on the Da Vinci brush. This is an excellent brush. While it's commented it isn't a super dense brush, don't think it's floppy by any regard either! It just flat out works well, and a comfortable handle to boot! GLWTS!

23 632
 12-31-2014, 04:47 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
(12-30-2014, 10:33 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Just wanted to comment on the Da Vinci brush. This is an excellent brush. While it's commented it isn't a super dense brush, don't think it's floppy by any regard either! It just flat out works well, and a comfortable handle to boot! GLWTS!

Thanks! I really love the performance of the brush. It isn't like any other in my collection, and I mean that in a good way. It has never shed a single hair, and I'm sad to let it go, but I have too many brushes.

22 828