11-22-2014, 05:07 PM
User Info
Recently I purchased a brush from Lee and got this soap with. While I haven't given it a thorough rundown I can say that I love the smell. Not too woodsy, mild, and sweet. My first sandalwood!

So what compares? I've heard Proraso is woodsy and strong while TOBS may be similar. My post on the other forum went straight to the next page on this matter.

I've enjoyed Stirling soaps as well, so I'm curious about the scent if anyone can compare.

4 146
 11-22-2014, 06:30 PM
User Info
To be honest the M&F soap doesn't smell too much like Sandalwood to me. Neither does TOBS cream. As far as sandalwood is concerned I like AoS cream and GFT cream as well. I have some Simpsons Sandalwood on the way and had a sample of T&H Sandalwood but it was more like a masculine cologne scent than any type of sandalwood.

63 1,721
 11-22-2014, 09:37 PM
User Info
It really isn't about having a sandalwood smell per se, more just having a soap that's easier to attain than M&F that smells similar. I've seen the AOS tallow soap on the bay though and it has been hard to resist something so highly rated.

4 146