11-23-2014, 08:09 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
One of my pleasures are the many Masterpiece Theater series;
Downton Abbey, Foyle's War, Poirot, Endeavor ...............
I'm not a reenactor, so this is a private madness: I dress in
my dinner suit or 3 piece tweed with Macclesfield tie, splash on TOBS #74 and brew up tea and Digestives to watch.

I wanted to improve my experience and recently discovered two
outstanding websites.

http://www.harney.com is a NY based tea company. I used a giftcard and just experienced the most incredible Earl Grey. They have other offerings that have me intrigued.
http://www.englishporkpiecompany; also in NYC ships various british
edibles. I pooled resources with my English mechanic friend for a FED EX delivered Styrofoam box of frozen meat pies.
We sat in the back seat of a old London taxi today,drinking tea and downing Cornish Pasties.
If I could only afford an Inverness capeSherlock

2 3,171
 11-23-2014, 08:17 PM
User Info
 11-23-2014, 08:49 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Harney & Sons are outstanding teas. I have their Earl Grey Supreme every morning, and one of a number of other favorites every afternoon.

38 5,197
 11-24-2014, 08:54 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I just ordered their Palm Court, a Japanese green for a neighbor teaching me to make sushi and the English breakfast
made of China black. Have you bought the samplers? How many servings will they make? I like to buy full pounds and this could get dangerous.

2 3,171
 11-24-2014, 11:52 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Kav, Harney & Sons is a standout for me and I have ordered from them in the past.

2 11,211
 11-24-2014, 09:45 PM
User Info
Thank you for sharing the information! Smile

83 21,110
 12-04-2014, 11:33 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
My Palm court tea arrived last night. I had purchased some bulk bottle water and carefully went through every nuance of classic English teamaking. OMG! I drank 3 cups and pigged out on a whole roll of digestives it was so incredible.
Their Earl Grey is on order. I was down to @ 2 pots of AMMAN Earl Grey. I brewed it this A.M. and finished it off.
Meanwhile, my Japanese neighbor received her green tea and
she hauled out her formal tea set.
Now I want to buy a Japanese service.

2 3,171
 12-07-2014, 10:02 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
KAV, TWG Tea blend a wonderful Smoky Earl Grey. They're based in Singapore, but they have outlets around the world, I shop at their Harrods boutique when I'm in London. Dean & DeLuca carry their teas in the USA, where they have six outlets; 2 in New York (Soho and Madison), one in St Helena, California, one in Kansas City, one in DC, and one in Charlotte, NC. See, http://www.TWGTea.com/

7 934