11-24-2014, 09:55 PM
User Info
Dear friends

i really love feather ac dx
Nice balanced and weighted razor, also top quality...

My question is as a daily shavet (except weekends) using feather ac dx woth pro blades can cause skin thinning or fatigue?

Let me clear mu situation.

With ac dx i shave mornings with 2 pass 1 wtg 1 xtg. A little pressure applied. i tested with alum block and can feel the burning very very little. No irritation or cuts.

With double edges i do the same routine but without any burning but not clean and funny shave as ac dx.

in this case to avoid skin thinning and fatigue should i rotate between straight and double edge? But this can harm my straight razor technique. Or what should i do? To maintain healthy skin and good technique. Options are follows please let me choose one. Thank you in advance.

1- stick to ac dx (straight) constantly, no shaves weekends i use feather pro blades

2- rotate ac dx and a double edge weekly no shaves weekends. Ps i use feather blades on mu feather safety razor.

3- use 7-8 times straight and 2-3 days de in 2 week times. No shaves weekends

4- rotate daily.

Regards.

0 13
 11-24-2014, 11:51 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Can't answer that for you and I doubt someone else can either, it's your skin ...

I heard from several people about this skin thinning thing but never experienced it myself and I use the Feather DX (with pro, super pro, kai mild & dorco blades) a lot for face and head shaving.

I think the "A little pressure applied" part might be where it's at. NO pressure!

28 1,433
 11-25-2014, 12:44 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Agree with the very little or no pressure. Also try the KAI Captain Mild blades.

175 23,752
 11-25-2014, 12:57 AM
User Info
Thank you

0 13
 11-25-2014, 01:44 AM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
I only use mine occasionally, the shave is a little too close.

17 437
 11-25-2014, 08:24 AM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
I found that the Feather Pro "Guard" blades are a little more forgiving. I have since gone to the regular Pro blades. A very low angle of blade to skin with no pressure against the skin will reduce the skin scraping and give a superior shave. Short strokes with deliberate care can help a lot. These are not razors to be thinking about something else while using.Have fun, they are good goods. For some folks a pre-shave oil or balm can help.
~Richard

8 1,194
 11-28-2014, 11:14 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I haven't done it in a while but I had a two or three month stint of using the Feather Dx non-folder with Kai Mild blades. I had no problem to speak of. As others have noted. NO PRESSURE!!

Sent from East of Montauk

33 914
 11-28-2014, 04:46 PM
User Info
I've been using a Kai Captain with feather super pro blades almost exclusively for a few months now. I see no change in the near future. Great shaves in 2 passes. Quite comfortable , but I have always had a gift for not using pressure but still shaving swiftly.

The key for me is only two passes without pressure equals zero irritation.

BUT great preparation with great soap or cream is a must when I use this razor. Much more so than with a DE.

6 1,224
 12-26-2014, 05:19 PM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
I currently use the Feather SS daily and haven't seen any negative issues.

12 313