11-26-2014, 04:26 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
PRICES REDUCED

I am offering for sale an assortment of items. These are nice things that I would be happy to keep but am listing in an effort to downsize. Items include brushes, fragrance, a razor, and a barber's hone. Payment via Paypal, shipping in the US included.

[Image: Brushes2.jpg]

[Image: Brushes3.jpg]

[Image: Brushes1.jpg]

SOLD 1. Vintage Simpsons AS2 Pure. This is a beautiful vintage butterscotch brush that would make a nice companion to the TSN LE M6, as the handle is very, very similar. The knot in this brush is barely used and whipped up a fine lather for me the 2 or 3 times that I shaved with it. It comes with the original box. $150 SOLD

SOLD 2. Thiers Issard Silvertip in blonde horn. This brush is in excellent condition, very lightly used, with a gorgeous blonde horn handle. The knot measures 26mm x 54mm and is a densely packed, fan shaped knot with plenty of backbone and soft tips. I love this brush, but find it similar to another brush in my den and am thus willing to let it go. When prepping the brush for sale, I noticed a tiny, shallow scratch at the base of the handle. This can be seen on the photo of the base of the brush, just above the word Issard. Retail sites list this brush as "Theirs Issard Large High-Density Silvertip Shaving Brush, Blonde Horn Handle," and the price new is around $300. Because of the tiny scratch at the base of the handle on this brush, I am offering it at a considerable discount, $130. SOLD

[Image: Leresche1.jpg]

[Image: Leresche2.jpg]

[Image: Leresche3.jpg]

[Image: Leresche4.jpg]

SOLD 3. Leresche 51. This vintage razor is in excellent condition. The teeth are straight, the plating is shiny and intact, and the handle is intact. The case is in good shape, and the set includes both Leresche metal blade cases. Because I have two of these razors, this one does not see any use. $150 SOLD

[Image: Frictionite%25202.jpg]

[Image: Frictionite1.jpg]

SOLD 4. Frictionite 00 Barber's Hone. I bought this thinking I would use it for SE wedge blades or straights if I ever got into them. These Frictionite hones are fairly sought after, and I consider this one pretty special as it was made at the original factory in Olean, NY. At some point the company was bought and moved to Moravia, Iowa, the other site you will find these from. The surfaces of this hone are smooth and intact. See additional information about this hone in the links I provide below. $180 SOLD

[Image: Frags.jpg]

WITHDRAWN 5. Creed Royal English Leather. I purchased this fragrance from Nordstrom last year and have the original sales receipt. I was told that I had purchased the last bottle from the Nordstrom chain at the time this fragrance was vaulted. I have been using up a decant I bought before acquiring this bottle, so the bottle has only been sprayed 4-5 times. As you can see in the photo, it is full. $150 WITHDRAWN

WITHDRAWN 6. Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier (MPG) Route du Vetiver. This is the older formula of the fragrance, which I purchased new from Aedes de Venestus in NYC a little over 10 years ago. It has been maintained in a dark drawer at room temp and smells just like it did when new. I estimate at least 90% remaining. $100. WITHDRAWN

Thanks for looking at my listing, and please PM me with any questions.

43 1,698
 11-26-2014, 07:19 AM
User Info
A few "nice things" is a definite understatement! Wow..... GLWTS

5 83
 11-26-2014, 07:24 AM
  • robk
  • New Jersey
User Info
I think I'll ask my wife to lash me to a tree in the snowy backyard until someone else grabs up that AS2. Otherwise, resistance is likely to be futile.

GLWTS! Not that you'll need any luck with all these lovelies.

Happy Thanksgiving!

11 517
 11-28-2014, 03:54 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Price on the Frictionite corrected to $180.

For additional information about the Frictionite 00, please have a look at this thread:

Frictionite 00

And this link:

American Hone Co.

Andrew

43 1,698
 11-28-2014, 04:20 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
That was a Great deal on the TI brush!

MaxP

60 1,599
 11-29-2014, 03:33 AM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
Beautiful items Andrew

17 439
 11-29-2014, 09:26 AM
User Info
I'm so tempted on the frictionite hone....

102 1,398
 11-29-2014, 01:44 PM
  • texquill
  • Olver Warbucks
  • Richardson - DFW area of Texas
User Info
The Abraham & Strauss 2 by Simpson is a beauty!

30 237
 11-30-2014, 05:56 AM
User Info
PM sent

0 1
 11-30-2014, 06:46 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Prices reduced.

43 1,698
 12-03-2014, 03:09 PM