11-27-2014, 02:54 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

The arthritis in my hands has struck again with another reminder that I can no longer handle the big blades. That's why I must let go of my last two beefy straights.

1. Bob Allman OCD 7/8 Spanish point and wood scales. I don't know what type of wood. Bob made this razor for me. It has "OBIE" ground on the bottom of the shank. I love this razor and had meant to keep it forever, but reality is reality and not much I can do about that. So time I passed it on to another another gentleman shaver. The razor is in super condition, with adjustable pins. Please note that on the blade's face, there is a small dimple in the grinding and another at the shoulder. Both are cosmetic, and I think they add to the razor's "handmade" character. The razor is in near mint condition, and is glorious shaver, one of my best, and shave ready. If you've never experienced a great custom-made 7/8, here is your chance. I'm sure you'll love the razor as much as I. The price is $335 shipped U.S. Overseas shipping is extra. No trades, please. Price reduced to $315. Final reduction: $295. ( S O L D )

2. Ralf Aust 7/8 Spanish point in Grenadilla wood scales. This razor is in near mint condition. The pins are a wee bit loose, but my hand cannot handle a hammer and that's why I have not attempted to tighten them. Of course, I have honed the blade to perfection. I know it will give you a fabulous shave. If you like beefy razors, this is your baby. The price is $195 shipped U.S. Overseas shipping is extra. Paypal is fine. No trades, please. Price reduced to $185. Thanks. Final reduction: $175. (S O L D )

[Image: MZRxhpy.jpg]
[Image: zBMVpfa.jpg]
[Image: j6jOp8M.jpg]
[Image: SxQ1OME.jpg]
[Image: XXJrO9A.jpg]

145 2,946
 11-27-2014, 05:44 PM
User Info
Two beautiful razors......Glwys!

10 399
 11-27-2014, 06:29 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I have another 7/8 Ralf Aust that was Obie's. The razor is an absolute joy and one that is hard to find. Obie is an absolute gentleman and wonderful to do business with. He also puts a great edge on a straight!!!

Sent from East of Montauk

33 914
 11-28-2014, 06:23 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Thanks for the kind words, Mike and Wallace. Yes, these are great blades if you like beefy razors. I do, but my hands protest.

145 2,946
 11-30-2014, 07:57 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

I put a final reduction price on the razors. These are great razors, nice and hefty, and fabulous shavers, but as I noted in my initial ad, the arthritis in my hands is on the warpath and I have difficulty handling the heft and weight. Thanks.

145 2,946
 11-30-2014, 08:18 AM
User Info
I'm very sorry for the arthritis. (I can't shave with my left hand for different reasons, but I think I get the idea of the difficulty). I'm also sorry for the poor state of my bank account, or I'd have both of those! GLWTS.

7 315
 11-30-2014, 08:30 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Andrew,
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I know what you mean about banged up hands. I had a big collection of massive Sheffield razors and had to let them go. Also, out of my modest collection of big and heavy custom blades, all are gone except the one listed. Also, several other heavy 7/8 blades are gone except the Aust. There are still three more 7/8 blades, all Wackers and gorgeous, but they are not that heavy, so I can handle them. Ah well, I'm getting old.

145 2,946
 11-30-2014, 10:34 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
The Ralf Aust is sold. Thank you. The Bob Allman is still available. Thanks.

Gentlemen,
Both razors are sold. Thank you.

145 2,946