05-30-2012, 07:45 AM
  • England
User Info
This little Wenger has been my daily carry for the last four years and I have become very found of it .
But it got me thinking why I'm found of it, the answer I suppose is obvious..... I use it.
It is always on hand and ready to perform what I have asked of it without complaint.

It was not expense,it is not a sort after model or make but to me it has become a integral part of my daily life.

I do own much more exotic and expensive pocket knives but haven't carried them probably for that very reason ....which really negates the reason for owning them. So by default this inexpensive little knife has become my favourite.

I think the lesson for me is, there is no point hoarding or buying just because of the name or price tag. What matters is using them and enjoying them ........what ever it may be !

For me this is going to apply to all parts of my buying philosophy now on.............buy the best you can afford , use it and ENJOY itBiggrin

Anoney else got a favourite daily carry ?

Attached Files Image(s)

0 110
 05-30-2012, 07:53 AM
User Info
Been keeping a Leatherman Wave on my belt every day the last nine years, and used it almost every single day too. Reason I picked it? I can open the blades without unfolding the handle Smile

3 3,577
 05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I have a Boker that I take with me when I go kayaking. I also have a small pocket knife that I bought many years ago at Sears which I should start carrying again.

100 12,444
 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
I found a small lock knife lying, unloved, in deep grass one time, and took into my care. I have mainly for using up at the allotment. But, I carry it everywhere, just because you never know when you are going to need it. The problem (for me) is that these things are technically illegal in the UK, so I have to TRY and remember to leave behind when we go visiting (nearly got in big trouble at Windsor Castle one time).

1 290
 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Benchmade Griptillian - I feel naked without it.

18 281
 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I carry one of mine about 50% of the time. Often my old Gerber single blade that I received as a high school graduation gift. Blush

35 2,703
 05-30-2012, 10:29 AM
User Info
Wenger makes some very nice pocket knives.

75 20,883
 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I've been carrying this little Case daily for the past ten years.

173 23,538
 05-30-2012, 10:42 AM
User Info
The knife I use most often, although I don't often carry it, is an old TwistMaster from Cold Steel.
[Image: IMG_5389.jpg]

184 12,003
 05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
User Info
I've got a collection of stag handled 3 bladed slip joints that I used to carry, but my job dictates I carry a "hard use" knife with a locking blade. My slip joints are in my brothers gun safe but I need to get some pictures. Here's some of the single blade tactical folders I carry. I really need to build a light box for better pictures.

Strider with an S110V steel blade
http://i.imgur.com/1q7f6.jpg

Various knives by Ernest Emerson, Les George, Spyderco, and Chris Reeve's Knives
http://i.imgur.com/FIbhz.jpg

Rick Hinderer XM-24's
http://i.imgur.com/t1qeF.jpg

More Les George
http://i.imgur.com/kHd6O.jpg

All of these get carried. All of these are made in the USA of USA made materials. If they ever don't meet a need they get sold. The Mnandi in Cocobolo has become my "suit knife" since I retired the slip joints. It's a good slicer and could very easily get me through most of my days. Bigger knives are just more fun. Biggrin

0 221
 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM
User Info
Swiss army knife of some sorts or an old stag Case Congress I got as a kid

2 697
 05-30-2012, 05:41 PM
User Info
This one gets the most use from me. It is a Spyderco Caly 3.5 with a blade made from Aogami Super Blue. It is easy to sharpen, takes a wicked edge and only weighs a fraction over 3 oz. I have a few other knives that I rotate through when I want a change or have to hit the stones to refresh the edge, but this is my favorite and daily companion.

[Image: superblue.jpg]

18 568
 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
User Info
Most days it's a SOG Trident or on occasion a Case Trapper.

29 1,731
 05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
User Info
Aogami Super Blue as a daily carry, I like your style Biggrin

0 221
 05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
User Info
I do not have a daily carry knife, I do however have an every day divot tool.

[Image: 0_s.jpg]

although mine has a local women's hospital logo on it.

4 309
 05-31-2012, 03:58 AM
User Info
 06-02-2012, 09:54 PM
  • Manticore
  • Old And In The Way
  • Manchester, New Hampshire
User Info
My EDC here in New Hampshire is a Protech Godfather with Carbon Fiber Scales and a blade of 154CM steel. A full auto and perfectly legal here in NH, what else would you expect from the state with a motto of "Live Free or Die"

[Image: Godfather.jpg]

0 136
 06-02-2012, 10:02 PM
  • uncledave
  • Returned to DE Shaving After 40 years
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
I haven't carried a pocket knife in years but this thread has gotten me interested again just as I got interested in DE razors and fountain pens. The knife I want is an old time Barlow knife. I had one as a kid with a plain wood handle and it was something else. I don't see many of these anymore.

0 396
 06-03-2012, 11:30 PM
User Info
I usually carry a small Buck lockback, and have carried a pocket knife of one sort or the other since I was nine.

(05-30-2012, 08:08 AM)Persius Wrote: I found a small lock knife lying, unloved, in deep grass one time, and took into my care. I have mainly for using up at the allotment. But, I carry it everywhere, just because you never know when you are going to need it. The problem (for me) is that these things are technically illegal in the UK, so I have to TRY and remember to leave behind when we go visiting (nearly got in big trouble at Windsor Castle one time).

Pocket knives are illegal in the UK?

0 303
 06-04-2012, 08:21 AM
User Info
Locking pocket knives are illegal if I remember correctly. Also, there is a length restriction but I can't remember what it is. The orange Les George Extra Small Rockeye I posted in my pictures was actually second hand from a gentleman over there. The blade is 2" long which was fine, he just didn't realize it was a liner lock until it showed up on his doorstep. He made me a good deal, but the postal service took care of that Confused

0 221