12-01-2014, 12:00 PM
User Info
I have a Gillette British Aristocrat #15. The doors don't align quite perfectly, is there a way to fix that?

I've been using the razor as my daily shaver and it doesn't affect the blade alignment or the shave. Locks down tight and gives a great shave. Small amount of plate loss but that never bothered me. Just the door alignment issue.

Not sure how to post pictures here but I'll keep looking.

10 131
 12-02-2014, 08:33 AM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
I'd love to see the answer to this question because I have the same issue. Like the OP, the misalignment does not affect the shave, it's just an aesthetic issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 860
 12-02-2014, 04:44 PM
User Info
I answered this question on another forum, but I do not think I can link to it here. The problem is most likely with the arms that open and close the silo doors. That is, one arm is probably bent. You can bend it back using a tiny crescent wrench. Be careful to protect the arm from being marred by the wrench (use some cloth or tape).
NB: I have only done this on a Sheraton, not an Aristocrat. If I were you, I would be very, very careful!

0 76
 12-02-2014, 09:08 PM
User Info
Thanks, I just checked the other post and will have to look to see if that is it. When I first looked I didn't think that the arm was bent but I'll check.

Thanks

10 131