12-04-2014, 09:49 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
All items Paypal and shipping included here in the states, international extra.
Sorry for the lame pics, it's what's I'm working with at the moment.

First up is an original Rubberset 400-4, and a cool matching aluminum cup. I have no clue if the cup is original to the brush as a set, but it sure makes a cool set regardless. The bottom of the cup is tailor made for that special puck of Williams or Colgate.The handle obviously comes apart, so no worries there. There was a previous owner who scribed his three initials into the band of the aluminum- this is extremely shallow as if scribed with a sewing needle, and would definitely be wet sanded and buffed right out with ease.
Knot is obviously original gel tipped reserve collection albino squirrel hair, so consider your unicorn found! $80 shipped.
SOLD!

Next up, SOC 2 band Finest in a very nicely grained cherry wood. 22x53 per my calipers.
$50 shipped. $45 shipped. SOLD

Next we have a custom made Rudy Vey. I sent Rudy a nicely broken in Semogue 1800 for a knot transplant, and had him replicate a 1305 handle in resin. I got the brush, opened the box and immediately saw a split in the resin running parallel to the "R". I contacted him and was informed that it wasn't like that when it left his hands. Anyway, building a bridge and getting over it- yours for $20 shipped. SOLD

Fourth up, a very sought after BRW aluminum Mastiff handle. Has a neat little blue spacer- total length 83.5mm with spacer, 80.5mm without. Minor shelf wear to the bottom of the knob, aluminum is easily scratched and easily polished. I paid $120, I feel $100 shipped is more in line. SOLD

Next up, a Polish LUX razor. Some minor cap wear, but other than that it's good to go. Bought out of curiosity for something different, not commonly seen. $35 shipped. $33 shipped.

[Image: LDNfEgx.jpg]
[Image: swObXcT.jpg]

Offering number six, the venerable yet smooth iKon open comb- modeled after the 17mm Gillette New Deluxe. Handle is the 85mm matte bulldog. Included is an unused, new #102 slant head. I had issues with the first head I got with the threads, this is the new one Greg kindly sent as a . $110 shipped for both heads and handle. $102 shipped.
Killer deal here, bought from iKon would cost you $183 without shipping. SOLD

[Image: UWKzIEY.jpg]
[Image: Tmmb61j.jpg]

Lucky 7 is a gorgeous Rooney Alibaba Size 3 from Classic Shaving vaults a few years back, and yes it has the gel tip Heritage/Super Badger. Hard to find brush, but time to pass it on to someone else to enjoy. Willing to trade for a Simpson 2 Band in the 26mm range. I may sell, but I need to wade back through paypal a few years back to see what the heck I paid for it. SOLD! for $185.

Cheapy add ons:
TrumpersViolet in wood bowl, used once. $36 new, $18 with any other purchase.
Catie's Bubbles Pommes au Four, used once. Forgot to take a pic. $10 with any other purchase.

[Image: cMXsesf.jpg]

143 1,983
 12-04-2014, 10:15 PM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
Very nice gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 464
 12-04-2014, 10:19 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
Wow, that Rubberset is going to make someone's whole year. At that price your inbox is going to fill up quick. That cap should have a rubber O-ring under it (for whoever restores it).
I'm happy with my R400 replica, but GLWTS.

47 1,903
 12-05-2014, 03:11 AM
User Info
Very good items.

13 1,313
 12-05-2014, 03:34 AM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
What a nice Alibaba!

35 1,808
 12-05-2014, 04:26 AM
User Info
If you don't find a trade and want to sell the Alibaba, I'd be interested.

34 156
 12-05-2014, 10:14 AM
User Info
I send a pm for the Rubberset

6 209
 12-07-2014, 11:02 AM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
Price drops posted!

143 1,983