12-05-2014, 04:59 AM
User Info
Has anyone tried the Valobra soft soap in almond and compared it to Boellis Panama soap ?
If so, which one do you prefer of the two ?

I have ordered the Boellis Panama soap, but it just got lost in the post, TWICE in a row.

Maybe our local postman has a love for almond scented soft soaps ?

Is Valobra soft almond soap close to Boellis Panama in performance or far from it ?
I love the Valobra tallow based hard soaps and own all three scented versions.

24 5,968
 12-05-2014, 06:17 AM
User Info
I would say that Boellis is the superior soap, both in scent and performance. It's a bit easier to work with than the Valobra, which is so soft that it sticks to your hands if you try to press it into anything. Unfortunately, I developed an allergy to almond fragrances some months ago and had to sell both. Dodgy

5 407
 12-05-2014, 08:04 AM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
As stated by Will - Valobra soft soap is quite different from their hard soap. The soft soap is similar in consistency and performance to other Italian soft soaps like Cella.

I have both the Valobra soft & hard soaps & I'm odd in that I actually prefer the soft soap (most prefer the hard soap). It lathers very quickly and provides a close shave. The protection/cushion is mediocre - so watch out for them weepers.

It comes in both Almond & Menthol - which helps folk like me who are allergic to Almond scented soap or rather Benzaldehyde which is the chemical used to impart Almond smell.

17 535
 12-05-2014, 08:39 AM
User Info
I may be in the minority, but I was not pleased with BP. It has been a couple of years ago, so maybe the recipe has changed. I am interested to know your thoughts when it comes in.

I found the Volabra to be a more protective shaver even though I enjoyed the scent of BP more.

2 58
 12-05-2014, 04:11 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I'll agree with Petr, above.
BP is fine but I won't be buying it again.
But I'm not impressed with the scent of either BP or Valobra in Almond (nor the real ABC soap, for that matter... All 3 have very faint scents to my nose. I would not distinguish them apart by scent bc none of them are noteworthy in the scent department, so why even bother?).

Here's what I posted in the other thread regarding the Menthol Valobra. There are 2 threads talking about the same thing at the moment.

http://www.shavenook.com/showthread.php?...#pid471749

59 2,819
 12-06-2014, 06:17 AM
User Info
Both are great soaps. With both you make nothing wrong.
Personally, I like a little more the Boellis, better scent and performance. But the scent of Valobra is somewhat stronger. It is a pleasure to use both.

17 908
 12-06-2014, 12:43 PM
User Info
I'll get both - as always ;-)

24 5,968