03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
From Poland, we have Lider Classic shaving cream which was recently re-named from Pollena Lider Classic. There seems to be no differences in the 2 versions.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Very easy and enjoyable to work with.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Great stability in the lather.

General skincare: 8/10--Pretty darn good. Moisturizes and protects quite well.

Scent: 9/10--Lemony and slightly minty. I really enjoy the scent.

Price: 10/10--Cheap as dirt in Poland. Sells for under 2,00$ EUR.

Would I buy again: 9/10--Yes, I see no reason why not.

This is a very pleasant cream and a very honest performer. It's not elegant, but it does smell very nice, lathers great, and helps to give a good and close shave. I cannot understand why it doesn't come in a box! Biggrin

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Ah yes...Lider. I had a tube of this awhile ago and as I recall, it was indeed a pretty nice cream for the price.

45 16,307
 01-24-2013, 03:39 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I've had a chance to use Lider Classic for a few months and wanted to contribute my impressions of it as well.

Lathering:
Lathers easy and quickly. Using a dime sized amount of cream I find that it takes a tad more water to get working (than say CO Bigelow) and provides enough lather for three passes.
The lather is thick and stable enough to give a comfortable shave. While I don't find it particularly moisturizing its not drying either.

Ingredients and packaging:
Its 65 grams of cream and comes packaged in a metal tube with a plastic screw top and as JAYDEE said it doesn't come in a box so the tube can be fairly crinkled by the time you find it on the store shelf. See the picture below for the ingredients.

Scent:
I enjoy the scent – its a lemony sweet that sort of reminds me of Fruity Pebbles cereal though I don't find it overwhelming.

Price:
I got this from a friend who traveled to Poland who confirmed that it is indeed quite cheap there.

Overall:
I'm pleased with this cream out of Poland. While its not a luxury cream by any mean it is quite a nice bargain if you can find it. If there was a stateside source and the price was reasonable I would keep a tube of it around.

[Image: vukshavenookliderreview.jpg]

2 501
 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM
User Info
I bet this stuff goes really well with 4711 after-shave cologne.

1 283
 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I haven't used the 4711 aftershave before but I imagine that any sort of citrusy fragrance or AS would be a nice compliment to this cream.

2 501
 01-28-2013, 01:41 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
I have Lider and had 4711 sample. As my wife like the cream scent she was just ok with 4711. IMO I like them together. My tube of cream is soon off across the pond to a friend. I have unlimited resource of them as my family lives there and it cost like £0.60 to buy it, where they liveSmile Sadly the cream is not working with my face.

11 861
 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM
User Info
I was the lucky recipient of Jacks Lider tube.

I can add absolutely nothing to the reviews here. I have no idea what it costs, but I absolutely agree with the reviews. Really nice stuff!

I need to state upfront that I have extremely soft water.

I worked up an ultralather with it, which was ridiculously easy to do, and it performed flawlessly. I used 2 "squirts", the diameter that it comes out of the tube, maybe 3/8" long (1cm) on each cheek. I bet I could get fantastic results with 1/2 of that. If I try that I'll come back here and post those results.

Lider is a definite keeper.

32 6,309
 04-14-2013, 01:39 PM
User Info
Lider is an excellent cream that I have enjoyed in the past.
WARS is better in my opinion. Biggrin

1 2,827
 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM
User Info
I love Lider. I like the scent of this cream more than Wars, but I like the performance of Wars more. Another tube I have is Bond, I have not tried that yet though.

2 396