12-07-2014, 04:43 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I have an original, first run Mont Blanc Noir Black, Noir et Noir, retractable tip fountain pen. Often referred to as the Mont Blanc Mistake Pen. Medium nib. Model number 25110-M It's one of the first run pens that has the 'Mont Blanc Noir et Noir' engraved ring that started the copyright infringement challenges MB had with Cartier. I am the only owner. Inked, cleaned and unused for many years. In it's original triple box with an original blue ink cartridge. I had prepared to send it in for a fine nib replacement and then the recalls started. Fearing I wouldn't get it back from MB, I never sent it in.

It has 'Pix' on the back of the clip but no 'Germany' engraving on the clip ring.. I can be wrong, but I think that dates it pre-1991.

My days of collecting pens are long gone and frankly, I was a used, not a collector, so my resources for determining the value of this pen have long run dry.

Any suggestions for how I might determine it's value are appreciated. I've found a few ebay auctions that put the price at a respectable premium above what I paid, but I would like a more firm number..

Thanks for any help!!

Happy Holidays!

33 914
 12-07-2014, 10:32 AM
User Info
Good luck with this, Mike!
Any pics of the pen? Biggrin

83 21,077
 12-07-2014, 06:56 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I'm sure I do have pictures.. I'll find them.

Posted from somewhere east of Montauk

33 914