12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have really been enjoying the HuntLee Master Lather shaving soaps this past week and decided to make a short video. As I have stated before, I think that this shave soap is the slickest soap that I have used...the blade just glides across your face.

46 18,625
 12-07-2014, 07:15 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Nice video, Phil.
I am looking forward to receiving my Huntlee Master Lather soaps soon.

102 18,669
 12-07-2014, 07:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(12-07-2014, 07:15 PM)Agravic Wrote: Nice video, Phil.
I am looking forward to receiving my Huntlee Master Lather soaps soon.

Thank you Ravi. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the soap. I think that you will really like it.

46 18,625
 12-08-2014, 03:49 PM
User Info
I received all three scents today, they smell great. I'm looking forward to trying them.

96 2,592
 12-08-2014, 07:16 PM
User Info
I used the Tobacco Master Lather tonight, it is ridiculously slick and protective. This soap loads very quickly, it's a pleasure to use.

96 2,592
 12-08-2014, 07:26 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Nice video Phil! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Blue Denim, and look forward to seeing what they're about Biggrin

34 1,627
 12-09-2014, 09:00 AM
User Info
These seem like great products.

1 1,975
 12-09-2014, 09:37 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nice video Phil. Someone walking by your front door would think that man has lost his mind. Biggrin

I will have to give these soap a try.

179 23,936
 12-09-2014, 11:04 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(12-09-2014, 09:37 AM)Johnny Wrote: Nice video Phil. Someone walking by your front door would think that man has lost his mind. Biggrin

I will have to give these soap a try.

One of the Real Estate ladies next door did walk by while I was shooting the video. Of course she already knows that I have lost my mind. Biggrin

46 18,625
 12-09-2014, 11:09 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I met with a friend, Tom, at a local coffee shop last week .. we got a few strange glances as we opened our boxes filled with soaps, aftershaves, and fragrances .. Biggrin

102 18,669
 12-09-2014, 06:20 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I just received Blue Denim (it must have taken the scenic route with good old USPS Biggrin)...

What else can I say besides it is simply excellent. Definitely one of the top slickest soaps I have ever used...I can't think of too many others that can compete on that level. What's great about it, is that besides being ultra slick, the lather actually has decent volume and is protective as well. I think this one will be a top choice, especially when I use my straights. I agree with Phil's assessment in the video that you probably couldn't hurt yourself with a blade if you tried, it really just glides on. The scent is very hard for me to describe except that it is a fresh scent whose name is somehow suitable. Does is smell like a pair of jeans? No...unless they are just coming out of the dryer after using a fabric softener that smells like this soap Tongue .

Master Lather is another genuine winner, and I'm happy I tried it despite very little user feedback yet. I really can't think of another soap that would be a direct comparison. It is definitely a soap to experience, and now I'm anxious to get a hold of the other scents Biggrin

34 1,627
 12-09-2014, 07:23 PM
User Info
Nice feedback. Now I am curious about other scent . I must order

61 3,072
 12-12-2014, 05:13 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I received some of the Patchouli & Pepper. This is not a scent I would normally buy so I will have to get use to it, but my wife loves the way it smells. Says it's one of the best smelling soaps I have. The lather and protection is just wonderful. And I would have to agree with Phil about the slickness. I've never used one that was slicker.

179 23,936
 12-12-2014, 08:54 PM
User Info
used denim today and agree with the above. smells very soapy in a good way.

76 1,331
 12-13-2014, 09:12 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I received Denhim yesterday and let it humble itself next to the Dittmar's, Harris and Mitchell's overnight.
I looked it over again.
The plastic tub looks like it should have margarine in it;no
turned wooden bowl, vintage coffeemug or aluminum tin. I looked at this putty and wondered if my brush would sink like a 6' badger in the La Brea tar Pits? Smell? Where? So, I grabbed my CS like Phil.
6 swirls and it was crawling up the knot like THE BLOB after Steve McQueen.I quickly face lathered and picked up my razor.
It held a Super Iridium with 5 shaves on it- no breaks for you oh margarine tubbed, scentless wood putty.
Hey, er,uh WAIT A MINUTE THIS STUFF IS NICE! It has outstanding slickness and I'm trying to reread the ingredient list for the secret- it better not be the margarine tub.
By my second pass the scent began to blossom.
I drink wine, but seldom pick up all the licorice and strawberry scents claimed by Oneophiles. It reminds me of a
California citrus orchard circa 1959,specifically the half mummified orange rinds on the ground mixing with earth and grass and just a touch of ocean air blowing into the canyon.
BEAT THAT! wine snob column writer for some yuppie magazine in Malibu with trophy mansion realter ads.
This is real nice soap and I think it's best forte will be with beginning shavers looking at cold steel with some trepidation. I'm buying the other two ASAP. I may even buy a fancy container for them- ivory butter dish?

2 3,171
 12-13-2014, 09:35 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
kav, in other words, you like it. Biggrin

179 23,936
 12-13-2014, 09:57 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I hate the margarine tub. I still had LOTS of excess soap on the brush and stripped it. Now I cant close the lid. I will have to seriously readjust my lathering. My only question is long term storage. Will this keep like a milled soap or possibly degrade like a cream? The scent, if anything is more intense and I'm eager to try the others.

2 3,171
 12-13-2014, 10:33 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I actually don't mind the tub. I think it will be great for travel. The P&P is an enticing scent. It really grows on you.

179 23,936
 12-13-2014, 11:26 AM
User Info
Is the Huntlee master lather only available at Bullgoose? I've looked through the Wickham site but only supersmooth seems to be available this side of the pond?

0 85
 12-13-2014, 12:17 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
It is a Bullgoose/Huntlee/Whickam collaboration and you get to 'Carry coals to Newcastle' if you want any.

2 3,171