12-12-2014, 09:51 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Massive storm hit the west coast yesterday and came in late last night.
I'm snuggled up with Pyewacket listening to the rain,wind
and thunder before falling into sleep.
11:48PM my phone goes off with a Severe Weather Warning
@ 1:00AM I get a second call about flood warnings.
2:29 I get a THIRD automatic call.
THANKYOU! Now Pye and I cannot sleep.
I brew some whole bean French roast from Trader Joe's
and open a fresh can of 'gourmet salmon pate' for Pye.
we sit in my chair wrapped in a blanket; sipping coffee and eating salmon ( separate-Pye only drinks cold tea and I let him have all the pate)
We watch the storm until it breaks @ 4A.M.
I thank whoever first chewed on coffeebeans.

2 3,171
 12-12-2014, 10:03 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
(12-12-2014, 09:51 AM)kav Wrote: Massive storm hit the west coast yesterday and came in late last night.
I'm snuggled up with Pyewacket listening to the rain,wind
and thunder before falling into sleep.
11:48PM my phone goes off with a Severe Weather Warning
@ 1:00AM I get a second call about flood warnings.
2:29 I get a THIRD automatic call.
THANKYOU! Now Pye and I cannot sleep.
I brew some whole bean French roast from Trader Joe's
and open a fresh can of 'gourmet salmon pate' for Pye.
we sit in my chair wrapped in a blanket; sipping coffee and eating salmon ( separate-Pye only drinks cold tea and I let him have all the pate)
We watch the storm until it breaks @ 4A.M.
I thank whoever first chewed on coffeebeans.
Kaldi's goat was the first. The wind storm was so bad at my house my 50 lb Weber Grill took off and landed 15 feet away in my Koi Pond

68 1,068
 12-12-2014, 10:06 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I love coffee. My preferred method of brewing is French roast in a French press. I also have a Nespresso machine, which I use when I need a coffee in a rush. I can drink coffe at any time of day, even before bed without it affecting my sleep.

7 909
 12-12-2014, 11:22 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I spent a year @ Tillamook Bay Lifeboat Station. I don't even want to think about surf conditions up there today. Are your Koi o.k.? The famous Krishnamurti lake shrine off of Sunset is a mess, but they have protective areas for their incredible koi collection to retreat to.

2 3,171
 12-12-2014, 11:27 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
So far, we have been getting rain here in San Diego, though not catastrophic. However, the north side of my street floods easily and to get to my coffeeshop, which is right across the street from my apartment, I had to walk a block out of my way to get there for my double Americano. So much for having coffee in the flat and actually using it. Rolleyes

2 11,211
 12-12-2014, 01:18 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
(12-12-2014, 11:22 AM)kav Wrote: I spent a year @ Tillamook Bay Lifeboat Station. I don't even want to think about surf conditions up there today. Are your Koi o.k.? The famous Krishnamurti lake shrine off of Sunset is a mess, but they have protective areas for their incredible koi collection to retreat to.
They seem to have survived. They are in semi-hibernation and in their rock caves. I don't see any floating on top. I am waiting for my gardener to come over and haul the Barbeque out of the pond for me.
[Image: zzgiOmV.jpg]
[Image: UxGWCOp.jpg]

68 1,068
 12-12-2014, 01:21 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
A47 I hope all turns out well, Barry.

2 11,211
 12-12-2014, 02:46 PM
User Info
It never fails. You couldn't get a nice steady slow weeks worth of rain to help with the drought areas. No, you had to a have deluge. That happens here often, except with tornados.

0 1,007
 12-16-2014, 11:42 AM
User Info
Wow, Barry! You might need to call the Coast Guard. Biggrin

83 21,077
 12-16-2014, 12:11 PM
User Info
We had a pretty good Pineapple Express the other day up here in Washington too. It wasn't all that bad. Glad it's done though. Blue light in the sky was cool looking for a while.

As far as coffee, I can't wait to try to press my own coffee beans one day. I want to try doing it and perfecting that.

1 1,975