12-12-2014, 10:56 PM
User Info
I am a newish wet shaver, 3 months, and am working through my sampler pack.

Current Victims in the bin:
Baili Blue
Astra SP
Dorco 300
Personna Red
SuperMax Platinum
SuperMax Ultra
Derby Extra

Still in the bag - left to try
Feather
Kai
Bic
Gillette Sharp Edge - Yellow
Personna Med Prep
Treet Platinum
Laser Ultra

Personna Reds have been my daily driver. Real Close between them and SuperMax Platinum....

That was until today. This Croma is killing it... anyone else have a good go with a Croma ? At $18 for 200 I might be driving a German car every morning....

0 16
 12-13-2014, 08:16 AM
  • Gordy
  • Wherever I am!
User Info
Revisit them, especially Astra's. Your technique will change and grow, and your beard will change with it.

0 246
 01-09-2015, 07:33 PM
User Info
The Croma is a hugely underrated blade. Although absurdly inexpensive, its performance is top notch. I found some vintage Cromas and thought they were just as good. Croma is made by Feintechnik in Germany, a long-time and well-respected blade manufacturer.

0 76
 02-08-2015, 10:19 PM
User Info
Almost through the bag now, and we may have a new leader, personna blues, made is the usa. Turned shaving into a 2 pass game to get BBS smooth. I have a Gillette Sharp Edge (yellow) in now and mowed four days in 2 passes as well. 1st shave wasn't as effective. I don't think I like it as much a the Blue Personna, and its 50% more expensive but I'll need two more shaves to be sure.

I don't know it that is just my technique improving or the fact I'm using the more highly regarded sharps.

Looks like the rotation is going to be Chromas, Blue Personnas...

Still have the Japanese Katanas to go..... and then I'll get to start all over.

0 16