12-13-2014, 11:05 AM
User Info
Waes Hail!

Wassailing is an old tradition of drinking and caroling that comes to us from the British Isles. On Twelfth Night, groups of carolers would visit houses (or orchards, in some regions) to sing songs and wish the health of their neighbors. Recipes for the mulled drink wassail varied from family to family and region to region.

For our Winter 2014 seasonal scent, Dapper Dragon wants to wish you "waes hail" with our shaving soap based on my family's wassail recipe.

Dapper Dragon Wassail combines sweet orange, cranberry and apple with cloves and cinnamon for a warm Yuletide scent.

Wassail is live on Etsy, $14/tub

[Image: 6fWxt6bl.png]

10 1,858
 12-22-2014, 11:10 AM
User Info
I'm happy to say we've now added soap bars to our offerings.

Our bath & facial soap bars are 3.5oz of hard soap, made from lard, olive oil and coconut oil with added glycerin.

Our first scent offering is Wassail, to match the limited edition!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/216050558/w...inter-2014?

10 1,858
 01-01-2015, 03:59 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(12-13-2014, 11:05 AM)Songwind Wrote: For our Winter 2014 seasonal scent, Dapper Dragon wants to wish you "waes hail" with our shaving soap based on my family's wassail recipe.

Dapper Dragon Wassail combines sweet orange, cranberry and apple with cloves and cinnamon for a warm Yuletide scent.

Hi Eric

A truly excellent shave soap, with a fantastic "Christmas" scent.

Below are my notes on this soap...

Dense, slick lather with "very good" glide. Instantly reminds me of warm Mull wine, cloves and oranges. Can also detect sweet, fermented apples coming through - a perfect Christmas scent - excellent stuff. Leaves skin feeling hydrated.

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 01-14-2015, 06:59 AM
User Info
Announcing "Arctic Wyrm," Ice Wyrm scent with added menthol.
[Image: vp0BKO9l.jpg]

To satisfy the wants of peppermint lovers who crave a more serious chill than the gentle tingle of Ice Wyrm, I've made a batch with added menthol.

I find the cooling sensation similar in intensity to Italian Palmolive. If you have our other mentholated offering, Strawberry Lemonade, it has a much more intense feeling of cooling.

Arctic Wyrm is now available on Etsy.

In addition, I have stocked samples of Signature, Blood Orange, Wassail and Pomegranate in Tallow.

10 1,858
 01-14-2015, 05:51 PM
User Info
wow the Wassail sounds amazing. i LOVE the smell of a cooking Wassail how close would you say this is to the real thing? can anyone chime in on how the tallow version compares to the non tallow one?

16 660
 01-14-2015, 06:51 PM
User Info
I think it smells quite close, and my parents agree. Of course, my family Wassail may smell a bit different than yours, but if the description sounds good I bet you'd enjoy it.

Performance between the two types is pretty close. I'd say the tallow is a bit slicker, and a little more moisturizing.

10 1,858