12-16-2014, 07:24 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Its getting tough to continue paring down the collection as it gets to the point where there is a lot more I like about the brush than I don't. But, with more brushes on the way it's time to push on. All of these brushes are in excellent condition and have been pampered while in my possession. Prices include paypal fees, US shipping and insurance. International inquiries accepted, but shipping and insurance will be a bit more. Please PM me with any interest or for more pictures, please no trades or offers, thank you

[Image: FGOMMuC.jpg]

First up is an Edwin Jagger Super medium (21 x 50mm). I am the original owner (used a handful of times) and find this brush to be fantastic for both bowl and face lathering. The knot is not very dense, but it still has plenty of backbone and is fairly soft with a touch of scritch (similar to Simpson Best, in my experience). $35 SOLD SOLD SOLD

[Image: Kbn27hu.jpg]

Next is an excellent little brush, the Edwin Jagger Silvertip medium (21 x 48mm). This brush was made for face lathering with excellent backbone (for a silvertip of course), very soft tips (no scritch at all) and easily holds enough lather for three passes. I love the knot in this brush, easily capable of loading up triple milled soaps with ease, but the handle is too small for me to get comfortable with. I am the original owner of this brush and have used it a dozen or so times. $55

[Image: CcL7UQh.jpg]

Rudy Vey Polo handle with Virginia Sheng Silvertip (28 x 51mm). I am the original owner of the brush (only used twice) and actually assembled it myself. The knot is set with silicone adhesive so that it can be easily removed and replaced or adjusted as you see fit. The knot is very dense at this loft and mostly soft with just a touch of scritch. If I were to keep this brush I would probably put a spacer under the knot to raise it a few mm, but the handle is to tall for my face lathering tendencies. The handle measures 76mm (~3") tall, which is about 1/2" more than I would like. Yours for $55 SOLD SOLD SOLD

[Image: niti8RY.jpg]

The Simpson Commodore X3 (25 x 50mm) is another great all around brush. Having a great combination of softness (very subtle scritch), backbone and excellent ergonomics this brush deserves more attention. Unfortunately I have too many Simpson Best brushes with similar knots and it just sits in the drawer. Rescue this poor thing for $55.

[Image: QFrTbrL.jpg]
[Image: u0p74R6.jpg]
[Image: Uv5L6IP.jpg]
[Image: B4ebTYV.jpg]
[Image: 6qXfhAR.jpg]

Finally, I am offering up one of my Mary Poppins brushes (a step above Goldilocks as it is practically perfect in every way). Why might I be offering this brush up for sale? Because I have the fortune of owning two of these vintage 70s-80s Plisson Size 18 Horn brush in High Mountain White. I am not the original owner as they were procured through an estate auction. However, the brushes had no signs of use whatsoever so I may be the first to use it. The handle has been treated with neatsfoot oil and is in very good condition with no cracks, scratches or chips. There is a slight mark around the rim of the brush at the top that may be wear, but I believe it is just the coloring of the horn. The knot (28 x 64mm) is unmatched by any other brush I have ever tried, modern Plissons aren't even close. The tips are the softest I have ever experienced, without having the false gel feel from chemical treatments. The backbone and density allow this brush to easily face lather with (its last spin was with Ralph Lauren Safari) but most would probably prefer to bowl lather as it is a big, big brush (Chubby 2 shown for comparison and not included). Price is $425 and very firm. SOLD SOLD SOLD

149 2,823
 12-16-2014, 10:34 PM
User Info
wow that plisson is beautiful!

0 3
 12-17-2014, 12:08 AM
User Info
Beautiful plisson brush!

61 3,072
 12-17-2014, 03:42 AM
User Info
GLWTS, Dave! That Plisson looks amazing. Having it next to that CH2 really does put its size in perspective. You're not kidding; that's one big brush!

13 100
 12-17-2014, 04:17 AM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
That Plisson is the real deal! A tad too big for my taste, unfortunately.

39 1,894
 12-17-2014, 10:28 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Thanks for the nice words gentlemen, whoever gets the Plisson will have their mind blown.

The Edwin Jagger Super Badger has sold.

149 2,823
 12-17-2014, 03:10 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Plisson is gone to a very lucky man. Still some great brushes remain.

149 2,823
 12-17-2014, 06:53 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I'm glad to see that Plisson gone....it was INCREDIBLY tempting. A very lucky buyer indeed Wink

34 1,627
 12-17-2014, 07:35 PM
User Info
That Plisson is honestly the nicest brush I have ever seen offered up from such a period. Wow congrats.

63 1,597
 12-19-2014, 01:01 PM
  • Ratty
  • Ex-Lurker
  • Chester, UK
User Info
PM sent for the Rudy Vey polo.

Ratty

1 7
 12-20-2014, 12:27 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Done with shipping for the Holidays. The remaining two brushes are going back into storage and may reappear in 2015.

149 2,823