12-17-2014, 04:30 AM
User Info
Anybody use these mugs or bowls? I want to order a shaving mug with 3.75" in inner diameter and 2" to 2.5" deep http://ladysea.net/pottery/shaving/mug_ex1.jpg. Is a mug with these dimensions easy to hold in the hand?

0 106
 12-17-2014, 11:47 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
I know you asked about measurements in my thread, but to answer the question here:
I have no problem holding the mug in my hand, but I find it a bit tall for most of my brushes and only aver use it with a couple of my longer ones

The measurements given on the site say it's shorter than the one I have (3" tall overall, just under 2" from the bottom of the brush rest cutout to the bottom of the mug). I don't know if the design changed, or I just got one on the tall side....But in my opinion 2.5" deep overall and a brush rest 1/2" deep would've been perfect

There's always going to be variations in hand thrown pottery...if you're worried that sounds a little big I'd suggest contacting Sonya through her site and just ask if she has any on the smaller end of the size range. She was an absolute pleasure to work with when I ordered mine, I'm sure she'll do what she can to help you out

10 411