12-18-2014, 08:29 AM
  • Theido
  • Shave Stick Proponent
  • Colorado
User Info
I just purchased my first home and finally am able to build a shave den for myself.

I have a really small bathroom for my shave den. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy or get crafted some nice shelves for the bathroom? I'm not the handiest guy or I would try to craft a few myself.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

1 111
 12-18-2014, 10:21 AM
User Info
Congratulations Dave. Can't wait for my turn to be able to do the same...

Honestly, I wouldn't know, but personally, I'd look to just going onto youtube.com and finding some easy DIY to look at; or to keep in the context of "old school" shaving, maybe go to an antique store and see if anything ripens the old soul for you!

1 1,975
 12-18-2014, 10:59 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Bed Bath @ Beyond has many modular shelves and "holders" which can display your stuff nicely...as do many upscale hardware stores.

6 1,994
 12-18-2014, 11:21 AM
User Info
Try Ikea.

0 53
 12-18-2014, 12:21 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Another thought is to use storage boxes for your car trunk and hidden compartments in the garage as well as leaving a few dozen pieces at your office and basically using "magic" to have the Razors "Show Up" when needed....SWMBO will never know and fellow NOOKERS can hide these for you as well as testify in a court of law that we "know nothing"..."seen nothing" an/or use the 5th amendment to protect our R.A.D. I know a medical doctor who will say this is a completely "normal" activity and arrange for additional shelves to be placed under your medical Plan,s provisions.Trust me this is a completely NORMAL method many of us use.....opps time for my meds.Biggrin

6 1,994
 12-19-2014, 08:39 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Many chain stores such as those mentioned above or such as Home Depot will have several shelving units that can be purchased and installed, just make sure to measure twice before ordering for proper fit. Another, albeit much more expensive, option would be to have a cabinet maker come out and build exactly what you want. I personally have opted for some Ikea glass shelves which will sit under tilting mirrors for our master bathroom. Of course I have owned the shelves since Summer and have yet to begin the minor remodeling project.

139 2,677
 12-19-2014, 08:47 AM
User Info
Good luck with the project! Smile

82 21,056
 12-20-2014, 10:41 PM
User Info
If you're looking to buy something that looks cool, check on ETSY. If you want to build the cool type of things you see on ETSY, check on Pinterest.

Nobody knows your space better than you, so our suggestions carry very little weight. If you want some better input, post some pics of your space and give us an idea of how much stuff you want to store/display

4 63
 12-21-2014, 11:39 AM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
(12-20-2014, 10:41 PM)jtyson Wrote: If you're looking to buy something that looks cool, check on ETSY. If you want to build the cool type of things you see on ETSY, check on Pinterest.

Nobody knows your space better than you, so our suggestions carry very little weight. If you want some better input, post some pics of your space and give us an idea of how much stuff you want to store/display

Yes I bet if you put up a photo or two, you'd get some meaningful input. Good Luck - customizing your abode is some of the good stuff in life.

29 330