03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Recently I have really been enjoying the D.R. Harris Coconut oil shampoo. It comes in a tub and is a highly concentrated paste rather than a liquid. This is perfect for travel as you do not have to worry about it leaking all over your luggage and, its footprint is fairly small.

The shampoo does not lather as much as a traditional shampoo so the initial urge is to use more product than you need. Not necessary. Just use a pea sized amount, massage it onto your wet scalp and it will leave your hair looking great. Nice stuff indeed.

45 16,278
 05-12-2012, 10:35 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Love the DR Harris shaving products, haven't tried any of their other toiletries, something I may just have to remedy...

91 17,795
 06-07-2012, 06:09 PM
User Info
I am experiencing some great benefits in other areas besides bathing/showering for coconut oil. Now I am curious if after rinsing does it leave an oily film or does it rinse out well and leave a great shine? I just might have to try this...

0 35
 06-10-2012, 07:44 AM
User Info
Where can I buy it online?

1 17
 06-10-2012, 07:56 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
 06-10-2012, 08:00 AM
User Info
I love this shampoo, especially followed by the conditioner. The combination leaves my hair soft, clean, and shiny, without any residue. I had to play with the shampoo amount initially, because of its somewhat strange texture, but that wasn't a big problem.

183 12,002
 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM
User Info
Ok! I'm going to give the shampoo a try. I'm going to wait on the conditioner though, only because I am very happy with my current conditioner which is pomegrante Dove. I have medium to long hair, and am always looking to keep the ends healthy. I think coconut oil just might be the ticket..

0 35
 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM
User Info
(06-10-2012, 08:00 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I love this shampoo, especially followed by the conditioner. The combination leaves my hair soft, clean, and shiny, without any residue. I had to play with the shampoo amount initially, because of its somewhat strange texture, but that wasn't a big problem.

Wow, I have a new favorite shampoo! I washed my hair with it for first time this morning. I swear it has already repaired some of my split ends. Incredible! I can not believe how well my hair feels and looks with this shampoo. And there is a nice shine to it, too. I was worried there would by an oily residue. There's not. The whole time I was shampooing with it, it just felt great. Clean. And I agree with you Churchillafemme, it is an odd consistancy, yet it also lathers up well...and the scent..it is a gentle coconut, not overpowering. I almost didn't want to use my Dove conditioner knowing it would override the smell of the shampoo. So now I am going to have to order the conditioner. I could not be more pleased with this shampoo. Really happy this thread was started so that I could learn about it. Thanks!

0 35
 06-22-2012, 07:09 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Marca -What did you think of the Coconut Conditioner? Have you tried it yet?

45 16,278
 06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
User Info
Phil, I finally made it to post office. Conditioner received and I opened it up to just take a whiff...smells wonderful. I will be using it tomorrow morning. Can't wait..

0 35
 06-25-2012, 10:29 AM
User Info
THE RESULTS

It's almost unbelieveable. Already this morning, I have been complimented by several people on how healthy and shiny my hair looks. And I agree with them. My hair looks and feels great. It simply looks healthier and more full. I was not expecting this much of a difference.

And again, the conditioner, like the shampoo, has a very gentle coconut aroma. And the consistancy, texture,is vastly different from regular shampoo and conditioner products. When applied, I think, well, have I mixed it in well enough? Because somehow, I think what happens, is, the hair just drinks in the product. Yes, there is a lather, and no, it is not a lather I'm accustomed to. Yet, the result is amazing.

When I got out of the shower and gently towel dried my hair, my still wet hair was very easy to bring a wide tooth comb through. (I always use wide toothed combs when my hair is wet). And then I blew it dry. When I finished and I looked into the mirror, well,I wasn't expecting to see any difference. But it was. The shine is wonderful. The way my hair is more full bodied and heavier, it's wonderful. I was not expecting the conditioner to make such a difference. I really only got the conditioner so my hair could retain the coconut smell. Did I mention, the aroma is gentle?

So Phil, This IS a wonderful product. I absolutely love it. I must have been in just the right time space to read your thread regarding it. I read it at a time whe I was reading about and trying other products with coconut..so your thread just came in at the right time. In the past, every time I have bought shampoo,well,I really have not enjoyed or have seen the benefits of any particular product. Some work better than others,but nothing like this. I'm really happy I read your thread about it...and I am really glad I tried it. It's the right product for me. THANKS Thumbup

0 35